Honda CRX Forum banner

Weird offer on HT

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  toxiclows 
#1 ·
As you guys know im hawking prelude parts. So this dude IM's me and I qoute

" does the car that ur partin out have a clear title?
if so how much for the title and VINs?" end quote

stolen car perhaps?
trying to register imported prelude?

my first thought...WTF?

#3 ·
I've had someone e-mail me that exact same question when I sold my old accord on ebay. The engine was blown so I was selling it to someone that wanted to swap the engine or use it for parts. I was kind of surprised when someone offered me money for the vin tags

#4 ·
I wouldn't go near that one. With no title and the vin #s removed, it would look very much like you are taking your time at chopping a stolen car if it came to the attention of the authorities. If you're seriously considering the offer, wait until you finish parting it out and then sell what's left of the car. Let him do whatever he plans with it.

#11 ·
i personally knew the history of the car. the car was hit, insurance totaled it wrote him a check and let him keep the car. its been parked ever since. He had the title but I was concerned about pressing him for it. I know the previous owner as well. bill of sale is what i have and a cancelled check with 93 prelude written on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.