Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right on the corner I live on, there is a one way street, going away from my apartment. Almost every day I see cars coming the wrong way down it, and honestly 90% of those are the RPI or the city police. I was just going out to show my friend the new suspension, and I went up the street like I always do, and a cop was coming the other way. I stopped, and usually I wait for the other car to move since THEY are going the wrong way, but I had just turned the corner and it was a police car (no lights on though) so I backed up right back into my parking spot and let him go by. So... what would happen if I got hit by a police car coming down that road? I would imagine they would be at fault right? As I wrote this, 2 more came flying down it with lights and sirens on (there's a fraternity on my block, looks like they headed there).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mark is correct, running with lights and siren make you exempt. As he stated it must be done with the utmost caution and regard for the public safety. They "may" be able to get away with it if going to a "silent" call IF thier policy allows it. Hate it for them if they crash into a civilian going the right way :oops:

·
Registered
859 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
When I worked in Atlanta, I drove southbound on northbound I-75....at rush hour...in the rain. :D
i was scared to drive with my mom when we lived in atlanta on I-75, let alone in rush hour.............and in the rain you are freggin crazy you know no one downthere knows how to drive in the rain lol,

btw hows the Kudzu down there now is it still taking over?

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
shadowcrx said:
Sorry.
OT I know.
Whats a "Kudzu"?

·
Registered
859 Posts
ollie said:
shadowcrx said:
Sorry.
OT I know.
Whats a "Kudzu"?
if you lived near atlanta you KNOW what kudzu is lol

they introduced it to georgia to kill off something i can't remember what it is but i guess they didn't do any resaerch on it or something, the **** grow like 2 feet a night and it doesnt matter whats in its way, it smothers everything trees, cars, bushes, everything, the stuff is really creepy, it looks like evil death vines

·
Registered
529 Posts
shadowcrx said:
ollie said:
shadowcrx said:
Sorry.
OT I know.
Whats a "Kudzu"?
if you lived near atlanta you KNOW what kudzu is lol

they introduced it to georgia to kill off something i can't remember what it is but i guess they didn't do any resaerch on it or something, the [doo-doo] grow like 2 feet a night and it doesnt matter whats in its way, it smothers everything trees, cars, bushes, everything, the stuff is really creepy, it looks like evil death vines
lol. close... It was brought here from Japan to fight soil errosion. its since taken over and can grow up to like 1 foot a day... crazy :shock:

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
and can grow up to like 1 foot a day... crazy
:shock: :shock:
HOLY 50's SCI-FI MOVIE BATMAN! :shock:
Thats scary.
What about weed whippers?

·
Registered
428 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
When I worked in Atlanta, I drove southbound on northbound I-75....at rush hour...in the rain. :D
:lol:

Mark, at what point (after you had passed the perpetrator of course) did they radio you to say you could stop now, the chase was over 40 minutes ago... please turn the cherries off and stop weaving through oncoming traffic with that maniacal giggle of yours.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I'd never heard of kudzu before, but after reading about it I want to see this stuff in action! It should be genetically engineered to grow even faster and to work in different climates, then it could be used as plant warfare....! :p

Does it kill off other vegetation when it comes into an area? Or does it coexist with the plants that are already there? Truly weird stuff.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I couldn't find buildings in half those pics.... I'm gonna go ahead and trust they are there. It appears like it would wipe out every other type of vegitation.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Ragnaarok said:
I'd never heard of kudzu before, but after reading about it I want to see this stuff in action! It should be genetically engineered to grow even faster and to work in different climates, then it could be used as plant warfare....! :p

Does it kill off other vegetation when it comes into an area? Or does it coexist with the plants that are already there? Truly weird stuff.
oh ya this stuff is the hitler or atilla of the plant word, nothing lives underneath it, for those of you who have never seen it its trully amazing stuff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts