Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Are you calling your CRX "nothing special?" Better change that attitude REAL fast young man!

haha, welcome to the site

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Haha ...JEEZE guys lets not scare off our new members. :shock:

Welcome......PICS OR BAN...jk jk jk
Post em up when you can..were all pic whores here. :lol:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pictures will probably not be up till Sunday. Tomorrow I have to work and then I have a family Christmas. I might even go out an take some recent pictures on Sunday.

·
Registered
529 Posts
ollie said:
Haha ...JEEZE guys lets not scare off our new members. :shock:

Welcome......PICS OR BAN...jk jk jk
Post em up when you can..were all pic whores here. :lol:
George and I go way back. He followed me here. He knew I was kidding. He also failed to mention he is an Auto-X junkie, which of course means he will fit in here fine.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I was a Bart follower. Yeah I knew you were joking. I love auto-x. I hope to get to more events this coming year. I hope there is a lot of auto-x talk on here. I also had to follow Bart so I could of course follow his build but also so I can tell him when there is an event. haha KRX rides are fun. :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
george34 said:
Yes, I was a Bart follower. Yeah I knew you were joking. I love auto-x. I hope to get to more events this coming year. I hope there is a lot of auto-x talk on here. I also had to follow Bart so I could of course follow his build but also so I can tell him when there is an event. haha KRX rides are fun. :)
KRX rides will be better next year, some work is going down. Fostoria Auto-X is a definite. BTW I see you got your E back, LOL!

·
Registered
779 Posts
george34 said:
Sounds like fun. Yeah, I got my E back. The guys on here helped me right away and got me an E. Thanks again guys.
Hey, it's been 2 days and still no pictures? Slacker.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The history I have with my car followed by pictures.

I was looking for my first car and came across a nice crx on HT. I decided to take a look at it so my dad, brother, and I went to look at it. It was located about 1.5 hrs away in Mansfield Ohio. My dad took me for a test drive, as I didn't have my license yet. I feel in love with it and bought it. It was just what I had been looking for a nice crx that was set up for auto-x. I could have done all the mods but I knew that it would save me several hundred dollars by buying the car with the parts on it.

So about a month later I start driving my new crx often. One day I was checking the fluids and notice that there is very little coolant left so I fill it up. Couple weeks later and the coolant was down again. So I knew that it was probably a blown headgasket. Also when I pushed the car the rear brakes dragged because they were old and froozen.
Last winter the projects begin. I had never wrenched that much but I spent a lot of time doing research and I had watched my brother do a couple things. The first problem I took care of was the froozen calipers. The seal around the driver's side caliper was not even there. So I order a pair of rear calipers from NAPA and the install and everything went just fine.
Then came the big project. I order a MLS headgasket, ARP headstuds, valve cover gasket, and maybe a couple other things. I don't even think I told anyone what I was doing besides that I was working on my car. So I start have all the fluids drained, everything disconnected and the head was ready to come off. By this time my brother knew what I was doing so I asked him to help me lift the head off the block. I took awhile but I got it off. A local racing place tested the head for cracks, cleaned it, and resurfaced it. So I stop in one day to see how they have been doing and they said that they need valve stem seals. So a week later and the head is finally done. I get the head installed and everything is ready to go besides adjusting the valves. As I said before I have never done anything like this so this was difficult. I think I have them set so I go to start it. Fires up just fine but ticks bad. So a couple days later I try to set the valves better. They were better but some were still ticking and I was done messing with them I needed a little help. I call around town and no one will do it. One place told me that they would have to pull the head off and they didn't know if they had to tool to adjust the valves. HAHA I found a guy that works for honda to adjust them. He did it for only $20 so I was happy. It was about the start of April and I wanted to get my car on the road because I missed driving it since I have not driven it since December.
In July I got to my first autocross. I was not sure if I wanted to go because I was not to sure about my mastercylinder. I bleed the breaks the night before and after a couple time of breaking the pedal was sinking. It probably was not smart but I went to the event any way. I was slow but it was still a lot of fun. I replaced the MC and was ready for some more events. I ended up going to two more events. The last event I could tell I was becoming better. Also sometime in there I got a set of amber bumper lights that I think look nice.
Last week I put my car away for the winter and here is how it sits now.

A picture from a race.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is the current set-up.

Suspension:
Shocks - Tokico 5 way adj.
Springs - Coilovers 350/450 linear rate
Rear Swaybar - Progress 24mm Solid adjustable bar

Wheels/Tires:
Konig Kolor wheels (painted)
Falken Azenis RT215s 205/50R15

Engine:
DC Sports 4-2-1 header, 2"+ Exhaust, Recently replaced head gasket, window weld in all but the rear motor mounts,thermostat, plugs, NGK Wires, Timing Belt, Battery Relocation to compartment behind passenger.

Drivetrain:
New half shafts, input shaft bearing, new seals, etc in the tranny, replaced clutch/pressure plate, all four calipers new, new rotors all 4 corners, new pads Hawk HP+ fronts, semi-metallic rear.

Misc.
Sparco Shift knob, DC Sports Short Shifter, Sparco 4 point Harness, Sparco 383 Suede Steering wheel, amber bumper lights.

Car had honda rust in the driver's rear quarterpanel, a body shop owner and myself cut out all the rust, fabricated it back together w/ fresh metal [no bondo], primered, painted, etc.

I was going to glue my climate control back together, but when I went to Wal-mart to buy glue they would not sell it to me because I'm not 18. That made me kinda mad because I wanted to work on it but I guess it is the law.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Dang that thing is clean. Cool story its like me, i really had never done any wrench work and now im rebuilding a motor, and i found out thats fun.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jfish360 said:
Dang that thing is clean. Cool story its like me, i really had never done any wrench work and now im rebuilding a motor, and i found out thats fun.
It is in pretty good shape. There are a couple little spots of rust and there are some dents. But what do you expect for a now 17 year old car. Most of the paint is the original. The only spot that isn't is where the rear quarter was replaced.

I think this is cool. I have the original window tag and the owners manual for the car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.