Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i sold her tonight...so right now i am crxless...time to start saving more money for an SiR/VT...i do have an extra title for her when she comes across the pond... :wink:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Welcome to the crx-less club! i just got out of it today (i don't consider my race crx as a crx, because it is not a 'real' crx anymore)... Anyway, good luck with the SiR.... buying that through Don? 8)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ComposiMo said:
Welcome to the crx-less club! i just got out of it today (i don't consider my race crx as a crx, because it is not a 'real' crx anymore)... Anyway, good luck with the SiR.... buying that through Don? 8)
no, hopefully i move to the UK next year and ill pick one up there... 8)

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
You're moving?!? dang... do you have family over there? Planning on staying there indefinitely? Thats a big move.. lol.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ComposiMo said:
You're moving?!? dang... do you have family over there? Planning on staying there indefinitely? Thats a big move.. lol.
no family over there...just want to go for about a year and see what it is like...then move back here and start a real career...

·
Registered
45 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
crxgator said:
ComposiMo said:
no family over there...just want to go for about a year and see what it is like...then move back here and start a real career...
Having lived in Europe for about 6 years, I can tell you from personal experience that you don't really "need" a car. Public transportation is really good and traffic respects bicycles (for the most part). I never lived in England, though, so I could be wrong, but anwhere on the continent, a car is not a necessity like it is here. And they are way expensive compared to here. Ask Seti20 (Bas) about that.

I envy you, young man. I wish I could go do it over again.....
I know it wasn't long term but I stayed in Weisswasser, Germany for a month and all I needed was a bicycle with the one exception being a car/van for groceries. I could have used public transit for my visit to Dresden but I rode with a missionary instead (had stayed with them). It costs lots of money to own a car there. I went to Poland for a day or two while there and boy, You thought it was bad before the Euro for them... $0.15 for a 20oz. Coke now.

I actually went over there alone at 18 yrs of age. I had paid the money to go on the trip with a group of 30 guys and gals from my old church to renovate an old school to become a church BUT 9/11 happened and they all rescheduled it for in the winter time the next year. I couldn't do that because I would be in college and there was no way I was going to miss out on a month of class and make it. Since the money was non-refundable, I left on schedule, 9/11 or not. Was a blast. First time over the Atlantic Ocean (been to other countries). Too bad I couldn't bring any German CRX's over :cry:

Hope you find another nice CRX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts