Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a b18a put into my CRX. The guy that did it for me said that it had head problems and that it would smoke. He changed the heads and the car is still smoking (white smoke) a lot and throwing a code 9 on the ECU. What would be more cost effective? Swap another engine or rebuild? What other engine options do I have? I would like to go b18c but will I be able to use the same Motor mounts,tranny and ECU I have?

THanks very Much!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
^^^ x2. The tranny and mounts should be fine. A B18A ECU might start and run a B18C, but you won't get anywhere near the power you should since it doesn't operate VTEC or the intake runner butterflies. If you're not going to run the engine right, you would be better off with another B18A or B18B.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well a lot of white smoke means a bad head gasket more than likely since the only other option is some how coolant is getting into your cylinders through a hole in the jackets, which is not likely at all. Just get a new gasket and look up what code 9 is. Dont spend 1000's on a new motor just beause of some smoke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.