Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually it started on wednesday evening. Im on my way home from work, speedo goes nuts, pegging out and finally quits. ( it wasnt the cable :lol: ) Well lost the speedo, then the car runs like crap :cry:

Fast forward to Friday and its looking good. I get off from work at 1pm instead of 5pm. Boss gives me a $100 cash bonus for being awesome 8) I head to the junkyard to buy a new cluster. No crx's there, aside from a customers that was burnt up :cry: I said screw it and bought a 95 teg ls cluster with the wires.

They didnt have any VSS that i could get so i was going to put the cluster swap on hold for a few days until they got me one. I left and remembered a friend put a new tranny in his civic so he should have a vss right? I go to his work, found out the car was totalled a week ago. Dammniitt!.....then he says the car is at Cuz's ( a body shop in town ) you can have whatever you want off of it, I got all i wanted out of it :shock:

I run home grab my tools and 3 steelies that wont hold air due to rust and the spare from the wifes civic. I make it to the body shop and there it sits, door smashed in bad, T-bone ouch! Anyway he left his 17's on it and was going to send them to the junkyard :shock:

I grabbed my vss and the goofy dx short ram intake he had on it. Found a few bucks in change and some new lug nuts.

Now back to the wheels, they had 2 different sets of lugs on them, 2 different wheel keys. Pretty good idea right? Well if he hadnt left both wheel keys in the damned glove box! :rolleyes1: So i take 3 of the 4 wheels off and swap for the steelies. Take the 4th wheel off and go to put the donut on it.....it was the donut from the old prelude I pulled my h22 from :x I wasnt about to leave with 3 wheels so i grabbed my trusty but small sledge hammer and knock out 3 of the 4 wheel studs. Bolted that prelude donut to the civic with one stud and got the hell out of there before the tow truck could show up.

Got my cluster in today just need to clean up the wiring. Its been a good few days.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im charging the batteries in my camera now. Ill have pics later.

I thought about leaving it on blocks, but the place i work does business with the body shop, so dont want to make them mad.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now for the pics!

Pretty much free wheels

A few have some curb marks but overall pretty good shape.

Here is the 95 ls cluster installed

Everything works like it should except the e-brake light, but i think its not connected at the e-brake. I just need the big bulbs for the back and to get it to light up. VSS is wired up and finally working. It only took about an hour to wire it all up not too bad.

There are a few guides out there for this and they all seemed to be a little different. The best one I saw was for a 99-00 civic si cluster on ef-honda, but the wire locations are in different spots. Some of the Integra -> CRX ones i looked werent quite right. So i got the pinouts for the teg cluster and the pinouts for the crx cluster and put 2 and 2 together.

Now for the pic of my car with my new wheels. Not the wheels from above though. I traded my si's for these 17's. I think they look pretty damn good on there. with the body kit and the h22 and that hood the car was looking to big for 15's.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would like to lower it but roads are pretty crappy here. well not so much the roads, but they way it is getting into pretty much business. I scrape the crossmember as is if dont get enough angle most places i go. maybe next year when i get a real daily driver 8)

Glad to see Im not the only one that dislikes the "55" on the crx cluster. Its kinda irritated me since i bought the car. As for KPH who needs it? ive been to canada twice and they are some crazy driving people :lol: Both trips I was doing close to 100 MPH on the QEW and getting passed by canadians left and right :?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.