Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Install new frot end and clean up interior...whee!!!! mayeb one of these days i can get the rest of the interior pieces i need.

Heres some pics that wont get my post deleted :D

Im loving this front end!

[email protected]

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
how do you like the km/h speedo? I'd switch to kilometers in an instant if this country would stop being lazy and go metric. For now though, UKDM clusters FTW!

I think the front end would look fine if the whole car was one color, and maybe you could get a big fat velocity stack sticking out the front. :twisted:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
baker:
Its all good, dont have to like the same things to appreciate them. Thanks for the compliments!

nitpick, thats no GSR cluster..JDM ITR y0. Mainly needed it because my crx one was going right up off the end of the tach. That and I wanted to get real good at multiplying by .62. That steering wheel has been my friend since 1999, its like the only thing ive kept from car to car and its my baby. The QR spaces it back great, adn gives me theft deterence. The car is going back to black soon, when the whole body gets fixed. Not just stock black though, im gonna add some pop to it one way or another. Also, no track monster here...well not exclusively anyway, this is my DD haha. right now im accumulating the last parts i need to boost this bad boy, then shell be cruising.

Laure: a common question, ive heard it alot this week. If you look at the sides, above the molding, there are 2 pop rivets. If you pop them you can tilt the front end forward. Then, if you are so inclined, it slides right off the front of the car completely, making working on the car a breeze.

Jfro:I got used to it quick, but hey, im an engineering student, metric is my friend. The car will be painted ASAP, but i needed to transplant the front end onto the car i sold. Velocity stack in progress.....:p mayeb not but at least a turbo will be chilling in there.

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Charles said:
Laure said:
Umm.... pardon my ignorance, but, how do you open the hood?? :oops:
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it flips up or maybe you crawl through the gaping hole in the front.
hahahah, that was pretty damn funny. thats cool though, anyone can dislike it. it gives me the hood clearance i need for my motor, the front clearance i need for my sweet turbo setup in progress, and the side clearences to fit some fat tires and or slicks. win win win win for me.

and hopefully lose for anyone else when i blwo their doors off muhahaha

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Didn't mean it to come across as nasty. I think I have seen those front ends for those that race. Makes it fast and easy to work on the car. I haven't seen it on a street car, but it definitely gives you some room. Might want to put a good alarm and secure the front somehow if it is really that easy to open.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alarm...check. got pin switch i need ot install for it. the car rarely is out of my sight, thats probably the best security ever.

nah man i didnt take what you said bad, it was funny. I know im gonna catch some flak for this front end, but i think it looks pretty stock.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
With the right paint work, and someone who is halfway decent with an airbrush, you'd never know it was one piece ;)

This front end lived a very nice life on another street CRX, and worked fine with no problems. For a highly modified car, it serves way more benefit than is initially visible 8)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it wasnt goign to be balck, id get the bumpe rmoldings airbruhed onto it. thatd be badass! wiht it being black it shouldnt be such a big deal. Im glad the side moldings you guys used were from an 88 and not a 90, match my car perfect.

im loving it anyway, if my rad support hadnt been messed up, the installtion wouldve been painless. the benefits are numerous...the one thing i need to do is put some sor tof rubber gasket up between it and the cowl to stop it from ratlling so much. oh and fab up a license plate bracket so i stop getting my balls bustd.

[email protected]

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I've seen it in person, other than the yellow it's really not THAT outrageous... I like it.

Plus it doesn't matter, since I think most people on the street are seeing the rear end of the car anyway :twisted:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I suspect it won't stand out after it is painted to match (or the car painted to match). How much was it, where did you get it, and how much weight did you save?

I am also curious as to how rigid it is at hihway speeds.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Charles said:
I suspect it won't stand out after it is painted to match (or the car painted to match). How much was it, where did you get it, and how much weight did you save?

I am also curious as to how rigid it is at hihway speeds.
Right, it should mesh well. Since i had to buy it twice, it cost alot...(damn you MMRUSA.com), but Composimo came through with the hookup on this one that was better then new at an excellent price. For reference, I paid 880 for a new one, unfinished, shipped with hardware (that I never got). I got this one from John, which is funny because I was randomly in orlando for work when it came available and was abel to jam it on a truck and ship it home for free. I should weight out the stock parts, but it saves ALOT of weight.

its plenty rigid on the highway, the whol emount setup John gave me was excellent. it flexes, like a CF hood, but it seems like its gonn ahold up gret. Just gotta watch out for roadkill.

[email protected]

·
Registered
952 Posts
Its looking good matt. I may have to come down and take a closer look one of these days. Enjoy the beast of the car you have and drive it like you stole it. Its the only way to drive. :lol:

Tom 8)

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Matt, conveniently, the hood prop goes up on the cowl, and prevents it from rattling ;)

I'll try to find a pic... not much time today, but i'll have something for you soon.... tomorrow i'm heading to Slamfest with some friends, and partying the day away, but in the a.m. i'll be at the shop and will look.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I think I would slap that kit on too... I mean, its just sitting in your basement <shrug>. Then you wouldn't need to worry about the mouldings being air brushed on.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.