Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing through some old pics I had saved on a spare hard drive, and came across these pics. I'm sure at some point, I was interested in doing this to my CRX. I'm thinking as a daily driver this may be another option I'd want.

I think it's from a 2000 Sedan, but I'm not sure...
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
downest said:
2000 coupe too I think... looks like the one from the EM1.
If memory serves me correctly, the coupe was too long ,and when you dremeled to fit it against the CRX console, it fit awkward. The sedan's was shorter I think.

Either way, I think I want it... lol

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Krix said:
i think they are the same piece. I had one from a 2000 si. I didnt like the fit at the center console so I cut the change tray piece off and just kept the arm rest.
I think that's where they vary, the coin holder/armrest. Kind of a crude diagram, but here's how they vary, I think:

Coupe Dash[ ------ (coin holder)------(armrest)
Sedan Dash[ --- (coin holder) --- (arm rest)

If that makes any sense. *shrug*

I'll have to do some more digging. I wish I'd have saved some of my misc post clippings I had.

:evil: :!:

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
mithuth said:
I'm sure at some point, I was interested in doing this to my CRX. I'm thinking as a daily driver this may be another option I'd want.

I think it's from a 2000 Sedan, but I'm not sure...
Any thoughts?

It is a center console w/armrest from a 96-00 Civic.

They are the same since they fit ALL 96-00 Civic Sedans,Coupes and Hatches.
My aunt has a Sedan, my finacee, a Coupe and they are the same console.

The armrest, if dremeled correctly, can mate up VERY nice to the Crx shifter console, and work much better than the OEM Crx one.
I have one in my Crx and love it, stable, much sturdier and easier to find than an OEM Crx one.

·
Registered
779 Posts
My brothers ex-gf just crashed her 96 civic 4dr. He picked up a spare 96 4dr that was rear ended to use the front panels, and I peaked in and saw the center console, he said I could take it :) . I have to dremel it to work? Does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
ludesrv said:
I have to dremel it to work? Does anyone know for sure?
Remember ludesrv, we're talking about armrest for Crx's and as i recall you have a Civic hatch which has a different dash/console set up. therefore you will need to modify things differently.

The best complete center console for 88-91 Civic hatches that i have seen is a 94-01 Integra center console.
It will fit much better than the 96-00 Civic console.

94-01 Integra Center console in 88-91 Civic

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No one was holding info from you, I think he jsut wanted to point out it was different, so you didn't hack it up needlessly.

I imagine it's as simple as making a template of the shape on the back of the shifter area and cutting/dremeling the front part of the coin dish to fit. A few screws and it's in.

I need to find one of these to dabble with...

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
ludesrv said:
Maybe I should of mentioned, I have a CRX dash in my hatch :wink: ...now can I have more info on how to dremmel it :wink: .
Ahhh, well then that would make more sense then. I didn't want you to be misinformed and start hacking away.

mithuth said:
I imagine it's as simple as making a template of the shape on the back of the shifter area and cutting/dremeling the front part of the coin dish to fit. A few screws and it's in.
Pretty much it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.