Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna run crome on d16a6 since its more popular with the tuners cuz its a hassel to find people that want to mess with my turboedit chipped pm6. what do i need to convert my a6 to obd1. i no you need the harness and dizzy adapter. but what dizzy and ecu do i need

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can also use the 92-95 dx distributor,it bolts up fine and is cheap..Then you can use whatever obd1 ecu you want that's chippable,a p06 would work fine and they're dirt cheap.

Then you get the ecu and distributor jumper harnesses,,or convert your harness to full obd1 grey plug...Then add the 4 wire o2 sensor..

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
The 92-95 Dizzy I what I'm using as well. Its a TD41U and you can find a used one for cheap, or probably get a new/rebuilt one for around $100. I find this preferable because it fits the head perfectly and has OBD1 plugs. You also want a P28 from a manual or an auto since you plan on chipping it anyway. Then either make a wiring harness from OBD1 sockets and OBD1 plugs for the dizzy and ecu or you can buy some from rywire for about 130 bucks. His stuff is quality, and I recommend it. You also want to pick up at least a 4-wire O2 sensor or just get an lc1 from moates since you'll probably want to datalog and tune sing crome. Speaking of moates you can pick up a honda chipping kit and other electronics there like a rom burner.

·
Registered
25 Posts
just adding to this post instead of makin a new one.

after reading this, ^^ were saying to use a p28 ecu when converting to obd1 on a d16a6. Does it matter that thats a vtec ECU? on a non vtec engine, or am i just completely ignorant and the a6 IS vtec?

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
downest said:
Rexman is selling a y8 dizzy right now: link.
The Y8 dizzy does bolt up,BUT you still have to de-pin the connector and hook up a suitable OBDI connector.Correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.