Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Honestly though, what do you expect them to do? I'd rather see that then not see something about them melting it all or disposing it in a dumpster. It's 2007...people need to realize that when they fly, they have to think of the big picture. Yeah, it's only a lighter or a pocket knife...but...

Better them making a buck on it, rather then people getting through checkpoints with that crap, or it being disposed of.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its me DUB said:
Honestly though, what do you expect them to do? I'd rather see that then not see something about them melting it all or disposing it in a dumpster. It's 2007...people need to realize that when they fly, they have to think of the big picture. Yeah, it's only a lighter or a pocket knife...but...

Better them making a buck on it, rather then people getting through checkpoints with that crap, or it being disposed of.
yeah because how many years went by with no issues? if you ask me the TSA is more than rediculous

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my grandpa used to take his guns on plane trips with him all the time. he never had to have anybody go through his bags and he didn't have to walk through a metal detector.

the thing is, even with the TSA, we aren't any safer flying. if somebody wants to take a plane over, it'll happen.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Heh, when I flew back from Romania/Germany in January 2005 I had a 4" straight razor in my carry on I bought for my roommate, no problems 8) I DID get pulled aside when I got back to Boston, because one of my beer mugs in my checked bag broke and there was glass all over my bag.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I think its a little absurd myself. You know, before "9/11" you could bring damn near anything you wanted on a plane. People had been doing it for years without the fear of being killed. But has the overall risk really increased? And how much has your overall safety really been increased?
You know, people have used their automobiles to blow up entire buildings in the past, so I suppose we should start regulating what people can and cannot carry inside their cars and pickup trucks... wouldn't that follow the same pattern of logic?

Nw while I philosophically disagree with the imposed measures of control for air travel, I do realize that everything is alright in moderation. SO sure, don't let people bring guns and explosives on to planes. But... I fly a lot for my job. And if my 3oz bottle of listerine gets thrown away on emore time because its not in the proper sized little plastic baggy, i think I might just lose my mind. Unless theres something i don't know about those little baggies that makes them explosion proof or something. I hate it that the people scanning my stuff or basically drones who have no idea whyt hey are even enforcing what they are enforcing.

Bahh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.