and I'm wheeling this:
(the day I bought it)

First wheeling trip ever; on 2" budget boost and 31s, no lockers... :rolleyes1:

Now:
3.5" Rock Krawler Lift | 35x12.50 Mud Terrains on chrome wagon wheels
Teraflex BellyUp skid | JKS 1.25" BL | MORE 1" MML
Ford 8.8 rear with LSD and 3.73 | Dana30 aussie locked with 3.73
Engo E10000 winch | VIAIR OBA | Solid dif covers F&R
T&T crush corners with 6" flair | Warn steering box skid | Rustys HD LCA brackets with skids
PSC rocker guards | Warn RC front and rear bumpers | custom swing out tire carrier
too many other odds and ends to list...

Original post with broken links: :rolleyes1:
It's been about 8 monthes since I bought my 03 Wrangler. I thought i'd drop in and say hello to everyone and toss out an update on things.

I sold my 89 Si to d16z6rex (Matt) and he's been doing amazing things with it. Much more than I would have by now, I'm sure. I'm glad to see her in the hands of someone that's making things happen. I sat on it for far too long to do anything with.

So here's what I been doing with the Jeep (if anyone cares)

Here it is the day I bought it in Dec:

And here it is now, with 2" of lift and 31x10.5 tires:

And of course some action shots:

Sorry for the pic size... OK, no I'm not. 8P

On a side note, I am going to hunt for a CRX/EF hatchie I can use as a DD. The 40+ mile drive to work every day is getting old @ 19mpg (which is good for a wrangler, lol)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UTRex said:
Jeep - Just Empty Every Pocket
It's an addiction worse than CRXs. I need to get mine finished before winter. Thanks for sharing.
Do you chat on any of the Jeep forums? 4wd.com maybe?

JEEP - Just Enough Essential Parts
hehehe.

I'm actually in the midst of MAYBE buying a 89 hatch, it's got the 1.5L DPFI motor, I think it's also a DX in the hatch form, can't recall. The body is in great shape, but the interior is rough. 293K ... I'm close, but the asking price is too high for it not being an Si.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
crxfisher said:
Hey man, good to see you back. Sorry I haven't been available to chat much recently. Nice pics. I knew you'd be back and looking for another rex. ;)
I told you I would too.

However, everyone was wrong, I am NOT sorry I sold my crx to Matt. It is AWESOME what he's accomplished on it is such a short time.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
It helps when you have more parts in stock than all the local performance shops combined, lol. All he needs to do is find time to bolt 'em on.

Good to see you're back. Hope the new Honda search goes well

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rex2nr said:
Hope the new Honda search goes well
Thanks. I'm hopefull. Since I now know what I would do woth a rust free car, I'm more open to a touch of rust.. lol.

And I'm not just looking at the CRX, I am opened to the Civic/Accord models as well. Of course I'm looking at the lil Geo/Chevy Tracker as well...

Oh, while I'm thinking of it, how'd the N meet go this year? I havent found time to browse many forums to read up...

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I was there in full effect. Sir front end is on its way, paint and body repair is scheduled. Corbeau seats are siting at my house, waiting for install.

Just got to find some dyno time and tuen out that 200whp. :p
Hopefully someday you get to drive it again.

[email protected]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you chat on any of the Jeep forums? 4wd.com maybe?

JEEP - Just Enough Essential Parts
hehehe.

I'm actually in the midst of MAYBE buying a 89 hatch, it's got the 1.5L DPFI motor, I think it's also a DX in the hatch form, can't recall. The body is in great shape, but the interior is rough. 293K ... I'm close, but the asking price is too high for it not being an Si.[/quote]

Mith,

I chat on Jeepaholics as MACJ7 and a local site, Rockymountainextreme with the same name. I looked at Pirate, but found that either my ego or penis is not big enough to deal with them. Pirate has some good tech info but chatting is nuts. Everyone is an expert and their stuff is better than yours and you can't build, drive, poop, or breath like they can and should not even post. 100X worse than tuners. Sadly, most of the people I've meet are really great people. It's a just a few who make the site look bad.
Glad to see you getting another CRX. CRX and a Jeep are a good combo. I hope my 89 HF will be finally finished from the paint shop tomorrow. Now I can finish my Jeep.
79 CJ7, 304 - Edlebrock Performer intake with 4bbl and Headman headers, Turbo 400 tranny with Dana 20 transfer case, AMC20 rear axle with Trac-lock dif and Moser chomoly axles, Dana30 front with ARB locker, 2.5 Rancho lift, Warn 8500 winch. It is not a total crawler, but it wil hold it's own.
Ironically I paid $500 for it and $500 for my CRX.
See you on the trails. Come out to Moab, UT next Easter.
Paul

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UTRex said:
See you on the trails. Come out to Moab, UT next Easter.
Paul
I'm planning to take a trip to Moab sometime next summer. I'll keep you posted. Jeepfest 06 is this weekend in New Castle, PA. I'll be there fo sho.

On a side note, I think I got a CRX on the hook. $900 for a 88 DX with 217K miles, light quarter rust, carbon fiber hood, mint seats, with new carpet the interior is great. Needs a main relay, according to the current owner. I'm going to get some more details and maybe try ot haggle a bit more on price.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jfrolang said:
Matt that picture is huge. Can you link to it? It makes this thread harder to read.

$900 for a CRX eh sinful? If it only has the problems you just listed, jump on it! (Yes I still remember and know you as sinful, and when I see mithuth I read b16sinful :) )
The guy is hard up for cash, I think I have him down to 600. I'm not sure. I'm waiting a reply email. 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.