Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what that thing is on the wiper. it looks like a deflector. any info on whats its called and what it does would help. thats the second time i've seen this on a crx and wondering what the heck it is. i didn't know where to post this up, sorry if its in the wrong place.

· Administrator
16,557 Posts
I've got one. :D

It adds downforce to the wipers to prevent them from chattering or skipping over the windshield at highway speed. The front wipers are connected by a linkage and run from one motor, so you only need one wiper spoiler. (I don't know what it's officially called.) Stabilize one and you stabilize the other.

· Registered
734 Posts
I bet it actually makes a substantial difference, at interstate speeds the wipers don't work that well, because they don't push down against the windshield very hard. Once you're in town, they work fine. So, having the wind push down on the wiper rather than lift it up would help out. At about 120mph, the wipers actually lift OFF the windshield and hover there. Err, so I've heard.

· Registered
3,709 Posts
SETI20 said:
70 bucks hahaha

on second thought...CRY!!! I realise now I missed out on hundreds of dollars giving them away for free! :cry: :cry:
yes but think of that sweet good karma you're afforded by doing so. keeps your crx from running into a tree, right?? hey btw I'm about to pm you about some stuff. :)

· Registered
354 Posts
SETI20 said:
70 bucks hahaha

on second thought...CRY!!! I realise now I missed out on hundreds of dollars giving them away for free! :cry: :cry:
Not to mention you probably get a sweet Spoon Sport decal to slap on the ass end of the car.

Charge them for back payment, like unpaid taxes from the IRS. Cha-ching $$$
BP

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.