Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I'm not a guy with a fancy upbringing, and you've all seen I'm a heartless bastard. But I would like to think I have -some- common decency.

What is wrong with people today? It's making me even more bitter than I am by nature.

I bump into someone in the grocery store, I apologize. In return I get "watch where you're going prick".
Someone is standing in the middle of the street with their dog, talking to someone. The dog is in the way of my car. I stop. Sit for about 20 seconds until I ask them to move to the side a bit, and I get "what are you looking at?"

This is also the exact moment where my civilities end.

Here's a current example I'm dealing with at the moment.
I live in an area that's been decaying over several years. It used to be really nice and quiet.
The house across from my narrow street has been literally falling apart for years. Now, they have finally decided to renovate it.
For weeks, scaffolding had been sitting in front of the house. It happens to be, that there are 2 parking spots there too, and they planted one of the support struts smack in the middle of "mine".
After a few weeks...no work has been done on it at all. And I go to the owner of the property to ask what's up with that, and if he'd want to move the scaffolding a foot or so back, so I can park. As parking is short already.

I get threatened, and pushed around (literally). And in the end, even the cops came over to see what his problem was.

After a few weeks work began. I can't park...but if they're busy I don't mind. But for over a week, it's just sitting there again.

There have been 2 fires nearby recently, damaging several houses. So further down the street, construction materials are taking up even more spaces.

Last night I got home, drove around. No parking spaces left. I drove 3 effin streets... still no parking. I was sitting in my car...looking at that empty parking spot in front of my house... with the empty, unused scaffolding smack in the middle. I swear it's just there to piss the people in the street (and me in particular) off.

....I ended up moving the scaffolding back a foot so I could park.

I'm sure I'll get flak for that if they happen to go back to work tomorrow.
I just stopped caring.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I hear you on the parking issue man. I live in a sketchy section of town (matt can back that up!) and there's always a parking situation. We are really close to campus so a lot of students drive and park here during the day, making all the non-students hate the students who do live here. The guy across the street (who doesn't work or do anything but probably smoke crack) comes outside and yells at people a few times a day for parking, he told me once if I don't park on my side of the street he would smash my windows. Of course, he can never remember which car is mine because many times when I'm walking home from class he yells at me and asks if the [whatever car] parked in front of his steps is mine. I've just started ignoring him unless he gets really worked up, and then I basically give him the old eff off. There are 2 spots behind my apartment too, one is ours and the other one is unused. When my engine tore off the mount I had to go there because there wasn't anything else, and the owner of the adjacent building came to my door and started just yelling at me. He said he would tow it and whatever so I said good, save me the cost and trouble... then he got mad and looked like he was about to hit me, but probably realised that I've got 50 pounds and 6 inches on him... the car stayed.

Anyway, my car has been vandalised, someone broke my headlight in the fall. My sister was here and some of the local kids kicked the front of her hood in, tore the emblem off, and poured yogurt on it... I don't know what's wrong with them. Yesterday I saw one do a face plant on the pavement while skateboarding... guess who didn't rush out to help?

You should do what we do when they put crap in the street to save parking spots... use it to save yours for you. Move the scaffold back when you leave, and when you come home you'll have a free spot for sure. People around here put cones and signs they've taken from the city and utility companies to save their spots. One place across the street occasionally uses a "water main break" sign, I'm always tempted to call the DPW and ask when they are going to get over here and fix the water main because we don't have anywhere to park!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the parking issue was just an appropriate example of the intolerance of people for each other. And I'm not even the sociable type, so what do I know right?

Related to the parking issue was something similar a few months ago. We have these "residential area's". Basically means you can only do 5mph, and can only park in designated area's.
There are these metal poles (just like in amsterdam) all over my street. With a gap in front of my door.

People used to park right at my door step. And I mean, physically park at my door step. So close that I couldn't even carry my groceries in doors. I almost got into a fight over that more than once.
So then I saw a construction site not too far from my house, with a pole they dug up lying around. I stole it, and at night removed some pavement bricks, and put a pole in front of my door myself. Problem solved.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mithuth said:
4wd and a tow strap solves so many issues. :twisted:

"So uhh, yeah. Your scaffolding is 4 blocks up in the parking lot to (insert business here)"
I've given up the honerable thing in this matter. If they confront me tomorrow, I'll blatantly deny it.

Oh, it's been like that for days.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I live in a small city, and the civic responsability is still alive. If bumped into, both parties say sorry and excuse me. I still hold the door for someone cmoing into or out of a building I am near. I greet strangers on the street and get a hello in exchange.

Maybe U need to move to the states with all that EDM CRX goodness. lol

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
man i feel for ya theres dinks all over this world now a days ,you wanna know how i deal with it ??? i kick there ass lol or a little bitch slap to make them think straight :lol: just start walking around kicking everyone in the crotch ,you will feel so much better and soon they will relize not to push you to far :wink: or youll go to jail !!!!! one of the two :lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
man it sounds like the real world in the big cities are catching up till your small town and it real sucks. there's not many good area left. it really hard and heartbreaking to see the downward spiral of a good area. keep your chin up.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
SETI20 said:
I am seriously planning to move. But I'm going to need help with getting a visa.
Anybody who has contacts that can help me out, or have the golden tip to get me in will be rewarded with EDM goodness.

I'm not joking.
What do you do for your job? (I thought you did something with Web Design?) Start sending out tons of resumes to businesses and if you've got the goods, they can sponsor you with an HB1-Visa. They are normally expensive for the company, but just like anything...if you're worth it and they expect you to hang around long enough to offset the cost, it could be good for them also. Just an idea.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I already have somewhat of a preference, and prospect on a possible job.
Unfortunately, one of the requirements is that I need to be a citizen.

chicken....egg...
Anyone have a hot sister I can marry? I prefer brunette. But I'll settle for a blonde.

But yeah. I have a technical background (programming). Finishing my degree in multimedia/communication/management etc etc.

·
Registered
952 Posts
SETI20 said:
Anyone have a hot sister I can marry? I prefer brunette. But I'll settle for a blonde.
I asked, she said no. Sorry.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
This is why I have no resolve for the woman who hit my car. She ran from the scene, attempted to get away but luckly the police and my best friend caught up with her at about the same time. Its causeed alot more BS than I ever wanted, even if I did get a good chunk of change.

Wytheville, VA has about 57 cops, thats state, town, and county. And theres a reason: punks, assholes, jerks, and just plain dumbasses.
Most of the normal people in there 25-35s seem to be cool. Most others are just one of many I wont have anything to do with unless they themselves need major help. (Im not a total booyaa)

This is also why I walk around with my Walk-man on in one ear all the time. People tend to leave me alone and get out of my way as they think Im completly ignoring them, which Im not, I want them to move, or if Im in the way, simply ask me to move. Because if they think Im not hearing them, they tend to ask in a kinda offset way...not sure if Im even going to hear them. Hey, it seems to keep them from being jerks.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
ANGRYS BEST FRIEND = NewBlood

Hello all this is angrys friend Newblood i saw his thread and i had to get on this, as the manager of the econo lodge I can feel for everyone of you guys, only thing is I have a lot of bussiness come through this little town because its right off interstate 77. I like to be kind, hell Im in the hosptially bussiness but when someone is just being unreasonable, or these young ricers ride around blaring music at 330 in the morning I tend to flash white with rage, if i dont get to them in time, there always 911

NewBlood 99 Civic EDX

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.