Honda CRX Forum banner

What mod's first?

7K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Merlith 
#1 ·
Hey guy's I just bought an older CRX, What modifications would you do immediately? I am open to any and all ideas.

I've been reading your stuff. Putting the subwoofer in the wheel well sounds good.The kill switch ideas are brilliant. Moving the battery to the back sounds good also, for more space and air.

I do OK for a living. The more milage the better. I am not a small person. :lol:

#4 ·
Your silly, no I don't want to get a ladder to get in my car.

I was just thinking there were some general standard modifications that people do to their CRX's. "If you had a new to you CRX (older model), what is the first things you would do".

My preferances are, I am a mileage freak, good mileage with some comforts is a must.
I like a good looking car but like I said I have a good income but not great. I guess I would perfer comfort to good looks. Rim's and fancy tires are not a must.

I love gizmo's, the computer in the dash and nice sterio maybe an auto starter, DVD screen, "ooh babby".

Again, I am starting from the beginning and it's a nice car. I am behind the times because I like to drive until it drops out from under me. Therefore, "if you had to start all over new," what would you mod first?

Thanks for your input, I love a good laugh.

#5 ·
The cheapest performance mod you could do would be to get an after market cold air intake in there.

However if you just got the car I would go over every inch of it and make sure there is nothing wrong with it... Because it would be lame if you spent $500 on getting a nice stereo system in there and then found out you need new suspension or something.

#9 ·
jfrolang said:
I don't want to see this site become HT, where every thread has a post that says to search.
Ditto!

This site is here to help and discuss, even if someone COULD have searched, or if the topic was previously discussed....

Why?

Well, after a little bit, the forum will not be necessary, and no one will be able to talk to each other, and the forum will slowly kill itself and die because the only reply necessary will be "SEARCH"... lets continue to talk and discuss... there is more than one way to skin most cats, so advise will differ here and there anyway.

This is a discussion forum, so lets discuss... it is not a 'search forum'. ;)

#10 ·
What year of crx do you have? I agree with foofighter, it is always a good idea to check the car over and do any routine maintenance that is needed. After that, it is anything that you want, if you are into stereos, then i would stop in the audio forum, and see what people are using in there cars. I havent been into audio for a few years, so i can't really help you in that area, but perfromace wise, suspension is always a good thing to start with. If its power you want, a cold air intake, header, and exhaust is always good.

#13 ·
A search for info should be done first. That is the whole point of a forum and search button.
The forum is used to discuss topics and the search function is used to find those topics already discussed.

The first mod that shoud be done is a budget and plan for your car.
Figure out what you want to do with the car, what you plan on using it for, and figure out how much you have to spend on it. Then go from there.

#14 ·
True guys, the search button should be used first, but just because someone posts something, that doesn't automatically warrant a fload of "search foo!" posts behind it... even if it has been discussed already recently... just my opinion though. I don't think i've ever replied to a topic here with "search!" or anything like that... i've just tried to answer the question regardless. Makes more sense, and when someone DOES use the search, it'll givethem yet another answer to look at and validate whatever question they have.

baker423 said:
The forum is used to discuss topics and the search function is used to find those topics already discussed.
So what do you do once pretty much all the topics that can be discussed have been discussed? :p hehe!

#15 ·
ComposiMo said:
jfrolang said:
I don't want to see this site become HT, where every thread has a post that says to search.
Ditto!

This site is here to help and discuss, even if someone COULD have searched, or if the topic was previously discussed....

Why?

Well, after a little bit, the forum will not be necessary, and no one will be able to talk to each other, and the forum will slowly kill itself and die because the only reply necessary will be "SEARCH"... lets continue to talk and discuss... there is more than one way to skin most cats, so advise will differ here and there anyway.

This is a discussion forum, so lets discuss... it is not a 'search forum'. ;)
Amen!! Thats why this site will not fail.

#16 ·
Wasuri said:
Amen!! Thats why this site will not fail.
preach on, brutha!

and for the "search foo" types, remember, you can always....wait for it......NOT click on the topic to ignore it completely. your time saved, happiness returns to the universe. :lol: :lol:

#17 ·
jfrolang wrote:

Thankyou, I am not perfect. I don't exspect warm fuzzy responses all the time. I am new to this sort of thing and would think you would welcome more CRX fans, even if they ask the redundent questions.

People and opinions change with time, so does the mods for the CRX's. I take your opinions seriously. You are my experts. I copy your posts and take it to my mechanic.

Just for the record I did search and copied the older info. I wanted you opinions now.

All input is appreciated, I would like to see us focus on the car and not the polotics of dealing with newbies.

Thanks Merlith

#18 ·
I've kinda been reading this thread, but honestly not following too closely...

My advice, get the car in the best condition you can, running wise. Then, learn how to drive it to get the most out of it. Take it to the drag strip, autocross it, enjoy it. Then, consider what you have the most fun doing with your car, because each will use different mods to be truely successful in which ever way you choose to fully enjoy your car.

#20 ·
if u have never raced then u prolly wanna go for intrior mods im guessing, more to make the car fun to cruise in and a nice car to drive.........personally i would go for brakes, suspension, and engine first cuz the only part i care about is driving it.........if i somehow got extra power by taking out the heater i would!!!......thats why i have a coat haha.....

but since u say u have never raced i would just think interior and maybe suspention to keep the ride nice and smooth, but most importantly is the obviouse make it reliable

#24 ·
rex2nr said:
I'd also go the route of a nice QUALITY stereo then too... nothing too loud, just something that sounds great. Its a small cabin, its easy to fill with sound waves.
Did spl_kid really crack his window with loud sterio, wow. I thought that only happened in movies.

Nice sterio is a must after the security system. Nice high end speakers because I ,won't need many.

Thanks
Merlith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.