Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
2,320 Posts
AWDRACER6 said:
so i am guessing the A6 is VERY slow? Cause my car seems pretty slow to me and its 30hp more then the A6... How do i tell if its VTEC?
No the A6 isn't VERY slow. It was after all equipped into the Si. It has great build potential if you go that route. AS far as most 4 bangers. The stock A6 without a bunch of weight in the car and assuming you can drive it well. Its really a quick bugger. :)b

· Registered
2,320 Posts
AWDRACER6 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_D_engine#D16A6 According to this it looks like it should have 130hp?? Right? How do i know which one it is? Which head is best for a mini me swap?
Most people here will probably recommend you a Z6 or Y8 head. Its personal preference and what you want out of your build. Goals, etc.

· Registered
3,258 Posts
I believe your looking at the dohc ZC. There are MANY versions of jdm motors labeled just ZC.

Quoted from the same page you linked.
There are both SOHC and DOHC ZC engines.

The non-VTEC SOHC ZC is similar to the D15Z4 and D16A6 engine, but with more aggressive cam timing.

· Registered
2,733 Posts
AWDRACER6 said:
so why would anyone swap in that motor? Is it better built for turbo??
No, most often, people probably want to swap a D16A6, or a D16Z6 and they come across a ZC. Its same engine, same price (basically).

Its another option basically.

· Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread but my engine shares the same characteristics of the OP, and I was wondering how I would go about getting a vtec to work with my block and tranny? Do i Just need the vtec solenoid people are talking about or do I need to swap something out still.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.