Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you wash and wax of course :lol: My 88si was getting a little dirty. I know you guys love pics so enjoy! The first pics I took when i got it has frost on the car, these look better, atleast for the camera I use.

After I got done with the exterior, I decided to scrub the engine bay down. Looks much better. Just need to take care of the valve cover. Speaking of, if someone can recommend a paint that will get me an oem style finish be sure to tell me. N13 Best Stock maybe? 8)

Scrubbed the underside of the hood down

I still have some work to do to clean the bay up. but it looks much better now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just recently stripped my valve cover and repainted it. I unfortunately can't remember the name or find it on the internet. I think it was Rustoleum. It went on like spraypaint but when it dried it was like a rubbery 3D texture. I looked really nice IMO. Maybe someone else on the site will know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my plans for it are to keep it stock and fix the few imperfections with it. I want this one to look, feel, and drive like it was brand new. It already rides smooth as butter and barely makes any noise. There are just a few little things I want fixed or replaced.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice looking ride. I need to wash mine as well. She had faded paint so she doesn't really look much better when washed though:(. I did wash my truck. If it weren't dark I would take pics.

I used a high temp spray on paint for my valve covers. I used black instead of the other color. It hides dirt better. Walmart has the paint for like $5.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I knew someone would know what I was talking about. I think it was Krylon and not Rustoleum. It was really soft on valve cover when i was done. Kinda good and bad. It was easy to sand off the Honda symbol and wording but rest of it scracthes off as well. I think it looks really good though. Up to you though.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well stock is one way to go....i have a shell thats going the other direction :twisted:

That VHT wrinkle paint is what I was looking for, thanks James. If its warm next weekend Im going to take it to work and use our pressure washer to get the sludge off the transmission and engine block.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Krix said:
well stock is one way to go....i have a shell thats going the other direction :twisted:

That VHT wrinkle paint is what I was looking for, thanks James. If its warm next weekend Im going to take it to work and use our pressure washer to get the sludge off the transmission and engine block.
That's the best way to clean it... with a little Simple Green you'll have it looking new.

Krix if you want to send me a valve cover, I can sandblast and paint it for you. I'm going to do mine, it's currently flat black and chipping a bit. I have a D16 valve cover sandblasted sitting on the bench, but it's from an HF and doesn't have the "16 valve" on it. I'll be ordering that paint to do my two Y8 valve covers soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.