Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Within the next few weeks Im going to have a complete running spare A6 and Si Tranny. When I say complete I mean complete down to the mounts, manifolds, everything. I dot know what to do with it as I have absolutley no use for it. Its a shame just to dump it in my garage and let it rot.

I dont think it would be easy to sell as I have no idea on how id ship something that heavy.

Anyone have any ideas what I should do?

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have 2 EF style cars, a rex and a hatch. One has a built turbo hybrid d series and the other is getting my GSR motor (and is where the stock a6 is coming out of it).

Good suggestion though.

Maybe I should build a go kart! (half serious, if i didnt live in the capital city now, and still lived in the sticks I would do this in a second)

[email protected]

·
Registered
533 Posts
save for a rainy day, you never know when you will run across someone local who might need it or if u do

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im actually in Providence, RI (pretty damn close to CT though). Littlest state in the union.

Its not so much a 'need' to get rid of it. Its just a shame since its complete and runnign not ot find a good use or home for it. I have plenty of disassembled blocks and heads, but nothing RTR.

hmm, decisions decisions

[email protected]

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you don't want it i also am more then happy to take it of your hands. I've been looking for a d series to rebuild for turbo. Let me know!!! I could prob. drive down on wednesday of this week.

·
Registered
859 Posts
i need 3 intake valves, clutch and flywheel, and header to finsih my swap if your willing to part some of it out

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shadowcrx said:
i need 3 intake valves, clutch and flywheel, and header to finsih my swap if your willing to part some of it out
Hmm, id rather not part out this motor, but I do have the parts you are looking for. I have a complete excellent condition A6 head, a stock flywheel that needs to be turned to clean up some surface rust and a DC 4-2-1 ceramic header. If you want I can post up some pictures tongiht, maybe we can work somehting out.

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bmaca455 said:
If you don't want it i also am more then happy to take it of your hands. I've been looking for a d series to rebuild for turbo. Let me know!!! I could prob. drive down on wednesday of this week.
It wont be out of the car yet on wednesday.....maybe i sould post it in the FS forum instead haha, i didnt realize thered be this much interest in it. I should post up all the stuff I got, I got motors and trannys and whatnot coming out the proverbial ying yang.

I guess Ill start writing up a FS thread, If I could get a fe wbucks for it Id be pretty psyched. Its got good compression, has had a good amount of maintainence (tbelts, water pump, etc). If I didnt have a GSR motor sitting idle Id never remove it.

Ha I should take some videos of it running and stuff, purring like a kitten. Takes the mystery out of buying a used motor if you can see it run.

[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts