Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been doing alot fo thinking lately, maybe to much.
This is my first CRX, and it really is a GREAT car.
Im just wondering if it maybe it has too much rust and maybe I should get another crx to really do the modding I want to do on, and keep this one as my DD. Only reason I have been thinking like this is because Ive been slowly taking apart the wrecked 91si that I aquired for parts. It has NO rust at all, and I cant help but think what it would have been like to have had this car before it ended up like it has. In a shed, being ripped apart and getting surface rust from the wreck. It still runs and drag its ass around. Henceforth Im presenting pics of the conditions of my CRX and the parts car.
The debate is, use what I can off the shell of the parts car to fix the cancer spots on mine. Or find another, nice clean crx, be it a shell or full running dx or si.

Pics of my 89 Si:

Pics of the parts car, more than needed probably, but I was bored LOL. :p

And for kicks, what the parts car is parked with.

So, what do you guys think? I love my 89 Si to death, but with all the work that it will need, would it then be easier, cheaper, better to pick up another crx in better shape?
The passenger side door in the 91si is minty, I dont think its damged from the wreck, it opens and closes great. The Drivers side is pinched and refused to give at all. If you look at the pics, you can see how much a gap there is at the bottom between it and the car.
Also, does anybody have an info on the prolock security system thats in this car? I havent called the number or googled yet, but probably will later...

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I happen to know a rust free shell for sale.

I've been trying to convince a certain someone to buy it, and take the parts off it he wants, and sell of the shell. But he is reluctant.

Maybe if that certain someone sees he can sell the shell again so it won't sit in his driveway and piss his wife off, he might be more so inclined to get the car, get the goodies his inner child is craving for, and be a good samaritan, and get you your rust free shell all at once.

....how are you feeling celestial blue?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehheh,
Any color is fine with me as long as its in better shape than my 89 si... :D
Now Im just curious as to whom this person is that your talking about. lol
BTW, On the way to work. My drivers side door sash err moldingn flew right off and landed somewhere in the median of Big Walker mountain tunnel....LOL. Was funny and messed up to look in my side view mirror and see it flying through the air like a kite on the insane winds were having today.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yeah Ive had mine fly off also going down the freeway. I personally think you would be better off finding a shell with less rust, then you wouldnt have to deal with any of those probelms, and you could go ahead and start doing the mods you want right away.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Now, if I were in the position to fly in, I would have that baby stripped in a day. Except for the engine, the stuff you want doesn't take up alot of space.

But I can see your point.

Now if Angry were to pick it up. You'd have another set of crafy hands to take **** apart with.
Offer 3200, One takes shell. One takes parts. Problem solved. World peace!
(And I would have something FUN to do next time I come over)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heh, Problem with that is, hes queit a bit far from me, and if I go with finding another crx or shell, Im going to be saving for a couple of months at least.
Though that would be really cool.
Back suspension is still questionable.
The door sash thing was just messed up, there was no warning it just went flying.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another quesition,

Anybody have any idea how I can get the drivers side door off or open?

Its pinched in the door frame, and I cant figur out if it unlached or not.
I cant get to the scews that hold the "hook" in the door frame to drill them out....

Any ideas? I need to get the door panel off, undamaged. They are both christmas presents to a friend.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I've done this several ways before.

A: Roll down window (or smash it) and wedge a crow bar in the rails. Hold latch, pull on door.

B: Remove door handle, so you can see the door itself. Place big pipe on door, whack with sledgehammer. Have someone hold the handle.

C: Crow bar in frame. Simply jam a crow bar in the door, and pry it open.

Door panel should be fine. The car will get messed up.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried C: but it just ripped some of the metal where ever I stuck the crow bar.

I was also trying not to bust the glass, but I will probably end up doing that..

Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm, Thats close to what I think Ill end up doing...
Ill Probably take all the good parts off the 91 si (motor, suspension..etc) and put them on my 89, make it a extra reliable DD and just save and get a good clean CRX. I actualy want a DX or HF since I have the 89 with a sunroof.

·
Registered
20,350 Posts
Angry said:
Hmm, Thats close to what I think Ill end up doing...
Ill Probably take all the good parts off the 91 si (motor, suspension..etc) and put them on my 89, make it a extra reliable DD and just save and get a good clean CRX.
Sounds like the best plan.

On that '91 that i had, i actually sold the doors and hood to a member on here.
The rest of the car, nearly every little thing as you can see, was ebay'd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.