Honda CRX Forum banner

What to expect with cam swaps.

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Eric_Draven 
#1 ·
So i've been pondering this for a while now. It will soon be my b-day and as it has become the norm, my parents are going to give me some $$$ to spend on the rex. I've been looking at getting a new cam but I dont have much real-world info to go on. What kind of hp/torque gains can I actually expect? Also, how is the idle with the cams. For refrence, I'm using a z6 head if that makes any difference. Whats the difference between stage 1 and 2 cams?

#3 ·
wardcrx said:
As it has been told to me the best cam to use in a d-series is the zex stage 2 showing 9-10hp over stack and increased torque. That is what im about to buy after sshopping for a while.
Remember that the stronger the cam, the more you have to upgrade the valve train. The lift/duration simply becomes too hard for the factory springs/retainers.

#5 ·
wardcrx said:
Thats what i was told so im going to buy it all at one time, but i have a 5-month old son. You know money is'nt flying anywhere but out of my wallet. Im not sure what springs and retainers to buy.
Lots of companies. I don't know about D series but Skunk 2 and Crower are nice companies to go with. I beleive they have 10000rpm rated springs and retainer combos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.