Honda CRX Forum banner

What will happen with N13 ??

94K views 215 replies 37 participants last post by  mattminerDOTcom 
#1 ·
I seen so many different option, i'm a bit confuse

- Same as this year, with more car ( hope so )
- A party more then a meet/show
- N12 was the last real one
- Same as this year, but with a new location

Tell me i'm kind of curious about it

DEv

#4 ·
I think the consensus after N12 is to become more family orientated. Many of us, at least that were there this year are married, engaged, or wanted to bring kids. N13 will be more mature, relaxed party (I've heard word of only tea being served around the campfire... ok, j/k), where the cars will come first.

#6 ·
Hey Dev! I like how direct you are with your question! Right to the point! I think it would be safe to say that next year will be generally better organized with much CRX activity. I think it will probably be in the same place.

Several people are talking about organizing a committe and the main source for the meet info should be the Niagara CRX site.

HOWEVER!!! If you bring a dozen or so hot , party girls from Quebec down (they don't have to speak english either!) I imagine it would turn into a straight ahead, tree burning, keg swilling, CRX orgy.

:lol:

#7 ·
I attended N11. Had a fun time, but I am not a big fun of trouble with authority, especially because I lived in Canada last year on a study permit.
Being kicked out of the country is not one of the things I would like to do.

N 13 in Niagra falls. I would say for sure, didn't the N in N13 mean Niagra falls????

There is a chance I will be living in Ontario next school year too... So I might be interested to see N 13.

#8 ·
azulito said:
Hey Dev! I like how direct you are with your question! Right to the point! I think it would be safe to say that next year will be generally better organized with much CRX activity. I think it will probably be in the same place.

Several people are talking about organizing a committe and the main source for the meet info should be the Niagara CRX site.

HOWEVER!!! If you bring a dozen or so hot , party girls from Quebec down (they don't have to speak english either!) I imagine it would turn into a straight ahead, tree burning, keg swilling, CRX orgy.

:lol:
That a pretty good answer for me, but what about those who want to party alot and get the **** in the camp site, like some people are saying many have kidz or a family and want something more friendly and no cops or park guard trouble, what about that cuz many people didn't come because of that and if it stay like that we'll be 40 to 50 big max, no more 100-150 CRX. For us ( from Quebec ) it a very big travel ( some as made over 1000 kilo to come ) and many didn't come cuz of last year and they read about this year and they are not sur to come to N13. Juste the 2 Quebec club ( Clubcrxqc and crxmtl ) can bring 20 to 30 CRX if every thing work well so ...

DEv

#9 ·
Quebec is far from Niagara Falls? I don't think you can use that excuse bro. It borders Ontario! Montreal is approximately 670km from Niagara Falls if you drive through Toronto. That's only about 420 miles. 6 or 7 hours max. And even if you are driving from the far east side of QC, 1000km is still only ~625 miles.

I'll be there and for me it's more like 950 Miles. Plus, people have made the trip in the past from Florida, Idaho and even California, and I hear talk from people in Alberta that they'll be there next year. Show up. :p

#12 ·
Hey Dev, am I correct in understanding you that you do NOT want to see anything "crazy or too wild" next year? If so I don't think you will have anything to worry about. Keep your eye on the progress of the meet because it is only going to get better.

As for this year it is true that we had a Ranger come and kick some people out. But the difference was that he was not mad at the group. He was very nice and just wanted the people who took wood to go. Remember at this campsite we are allowed to have fire ALL NIGHT LONG! Never in any other place were we allowed to do that!

Also Flamegurl... the N does stand for Niagara, but even this last campsite was only 1/2 I believe from Niagara, so for most of us it is still a "N" meet. Also having the use of the Niagara CRX board is a valuable asset for the meet. Also in Niagara we were not allowed to have a cruise because the line was too long. Now that we are a bit in the country the roads are perfect for this!

Have a positive attitude for next year folks. There have been some upsets in the past but there is a core group who want to make sure the future meets are what we all dream about!

Stay tuned!!! :idea:

#13 ·
Synoptic said:
We also discussed having the meet with a couple of Miata clubs there, so the familiy people can have their cheeses and wines degustation with them.
That funny Nick lol :lol: Hope they gonna bring some nasty mommy for us :lol: I have no problem to have a good party, but without trouble should be fun too !!

DEv

#15 ·
Hey sorry just saw this post,

We have been talking about what to do for N13, bottom line is its going to be a group effort in deciding what will happen.

At the moment just going to toss out the ideas that people have came up with that we at some point should go over and basically vote on I guess.

-drags on sunday, a track is only 20mins from camp site
-Road course same as above
-Cruz
-Meet out side the camp ground
-meet inside camp ground
-Strippers haha
-rent a bus to go to the Downer

There are some more these are the ones off the top of my head, anyways In my oppinion the meet are going to be alot of fun, thing have changed but for the better. Its alot more close net group of people, and not just people showing up for the day.

Mike

#17 ·
arrgh. I didn't go this year due to the fact that the maturity level seemed as if it would be quite low. I'm all for fun, but burning stuff and acting like an idiot got boring many years ago. Now I'm one of those old bastards that tells people to stop doing street burnouts. I'm all for a mature meet, a trip to the track(or drags) followed by a BBQ and some beers around a campfire.

The kids can do the bus thing to the Sundowner, maybe we should have an area for the older/married crowd.

Dammit. 32, and I sould like an old man. I'm going to go for a drive in my CRX so I can feel young again(until my back starts to hurt from my race suspension)

I was saddened by the fact that the focus of the N meet has changed, I'd been going since N7. I sure hope the glory can return.

#18 ·
Masta: I feel your pain... i'm all for fun, but certian things kept me away from N meets after N9. I had a LOT of fun at N9, but something told me not to go to N10, and i'm glad that i didn't... If the meets came back to their old glory, i may consider the drive up again, but i won't in its current state.

I hope that good efforts are put into place to bring the meet back around. Once the guys that were originally organizing it got rid of their CRX's, and lost interest in actually holding the meet, it seemed to turn into a 'donation/money' thing more than anything... there was no more SOUL in it anymore. People take for granted how much something like a meet can reflect the organizers attitude and mindset. If you have disinterested organizers, you're likely to not have an interesting meet... if you have immature and irresponsible organizers, the meet can go the wrong direction, and turn into an unruly version of itself.

In neither case would i drive across the country for that... Hopefully Mike and gang can turn it around. We'll see, but it may take a meet or two to see what happens before i decide to come back up there.

#19 ·
I liked the meet at the camp site. at N12 we had 2 different sites. It basically stayed as English & French. However that could change to more of a Party at one, and quieter sit around and chat over a couple of beers at the other one.

#20 ·
What needs to happen is more people to take charge. You cant expect two people that have little experince to pull it off the first time. If people have ideas, give them. I dont know what happened at other N meets besause N12 is the only one ive been to but i had fun at it. It was i bit small but i still made the best of it. I'll be more then happy to help out with N13 when it comes around to try to make it a better meet because i have a few ideas that might help, try to make it its "Old Glory" but times change and things cant stay the same forever. Bigger and Better things will happen at N meets but it takes ideas and people willing to put ideas into action.

To whoever is putting together the N13 meet, Im willing to help out.

#21 ·
I think everyone can agree that the meet has changed. First change was the old camp, then the meet site. Now both of those have changed again since.

Bottom line is more poeple are will to help which is GREAT! and we all seem to be on the same page as to make the meet what we ALL want as a group.

What my plan is I'm going to take in everyones input for the next few months go over all the ideas and decided on as a group what we will be doing.

What do you guys think?

#23 ·
jfrolang said:
I think you have a plan Mike. I didn't go to N12, but I think the consensus was that it was smaller, but better overall than previous meets. If you can do the same thing next year for N13, it should be great.
The way I see if build it and they will come. Make it fun for the people that actually have been going and if everyone else wants to join in then great. The real problem is getting the Ontario people tocome out again. CRX guys in ontario are either lazy or just not into it much. New people are poping up but we have to get there attention.

So thats the plan, I'm more thinking long term. I really want to get the French people views as well, they make up for the majority but you don't hear much from them.

mike

#24 ·
So do we PM you the ideas or are we going to make another thread for ideas?

#25 ·
Well feel free to PM any ideas, at the moment everything will be up in the air, I'm going to figure out a way to let everyone in a way vote on the ideas or something like that but where a long way away so pm ideas is just a start.

I would like to try and turn it into something everyone can enjoy and get something out of it. I'm well rounded I like basically everything and I'm involved in everything and every aspect so I have ideas but I want to get as much input as I can and then work with people that want to help and we can all bring things together and turn this meet into somethign we can all enjoy.

mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.