Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a local Si available for $2500. All stock except XM Radio and Kenwood receiver. 145K miles, garaged, I'm going to look at it in a minute. From what I can tell, Edmunds says it's too much, but if you look around the country, it's actually a great buy. The red will actually go quite well with my '97 Torch Red Vette :lol: Gotta have something to drive when my 160K mile Ranger's torn up (converting to a trail climber this coming year) or when the heads are off the Vette (got plans for that baby). I digress. New to the forum, and just excited about the possibility of getting an Si. A friend had one back in Knoxville. I told her I had first dibs. She sold it to someone else, but it was yellow anyway.

So what does everyone think? $2500 a good price? It looks outstanding in the pictures and the last owner (1 month ago) had it for 13 years. I'd be the fourth owner.

Like the forum. If I get this car, I'll be frequenting a lot. First thing to get.....4-2-1 header!! Woo-hoo, I love modding cars!!!

Cheers!!

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
no problem, sounds like he really doesn't want to sell it either. One thing to look for... they love to rust on the rear quarter, at the back of the wheel well.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
As long as there's no rust $2500 is a very good price for a stock CRX Si. You can throw out KBB, NADA, or Edmunds when pricing unmodified CRXs in good shape. They rarely go for anywhere close to the prices listed on those sites. It's even more rare if the cars on are Craig's List or Ebay. They'll for thousands more on those sites. So buy with confidence.....

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
rexman said:
MarkWilliamson said:
Pics as soon as you get it inyour driveway. . . GOT IT... .???? no one sees it first but us. . . . . .Comprehend!!!! We love to see pics. . . .

it sounds like a really good deal. . . . Just watch out for rfresh paint that may be covering up alot of filler. check the underside good to make sure it is not rusted out and will pass a safety inspection.. . and the rear frame and look up under the bumper. . the engines run for a long long time. . .

good luck with your purchase//
and welcome to the board. . .

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.