Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gives? Anybody else here use Craig's List? I was so sure I was going to score a CRX with a partially swapped B16 for $1200 this weekend. The guy responded and said he had a bunch of no-shows, and I told him that I'm not one of those jerks who never follows thorugh. He said he'd be around all day Sunday. So I call and email all day Sunday and no answer. What the crap is wrong with people?????

It wouldn't bother me so much, except that pretty much EVERY time I try to do some sort of transaction over Craig's List, people never follow through. It just drives me insane? How hard is it to answer the phone or at least email and tell someone what's going on?

The last time was on an EG hatch with a blown engine. The car was parked in a parking lot and the guy told me exactly where it was to go see it. I pull up, the car is unlocked, and THE TITLE is in the glovebox! I was nice enough to lock the car up and call him to let him know he needed to come get the title. And then the punk never answered his phone from then on. I had cash in hand. Idiots!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Haha, you should have just taken that hatch and the title!

I have used craigslist quite extensively with good results. Got all three of my crxs off of craigslist. Only one of them was misrepresented. Just depends if the individual people are deadbeats or not i guess.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess the Atlanta area is the key. http://atlanta.craigslist.org. I think I've really only had on good transaction... I sold a CRX motor mount. That guy was actually cool. Had a nice mint CRX and loved to talk about it. We stood around and talked for like 15 min, even though he was on the clock. Every other time, people seem to just give me the shaft.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Tom, sad as it is, that is fast becoming the way of the world. In case of such people, they only show consideration when their backs are up against the wall and desperate. Believe it or not, I feel a part of it stems from their upbringing. My mamma taught me to be quiet and listen when people talked to me, to looked at them when I said thank you or you're welcome or whatever. My pappa had a whoopin' waiting if ever I disrespected adults or did something worthy of that whoopin'. It's this kind of discipline that teaches and instills consideration to last a lifetime which is missing by large margin in today's society. [/steps off soap box]

Secure the future people, whoop your disobedient children. :wink:

·
Registered
734 Posts
dohcrxl said:
My pappa had a whoopin' waiting if ever I disrespected adults or did something worthy of that whoopin'. It's this kind of discipline that teaches and instills consideration to last a lifetime which is missing by large margin in today's society. [/steps off soap box]

Secure the future people, whoop your disobedient children. :wink:
It doesn't necessarily take a "whoopin" to teach children manners, but it DOES take parents who themselves are polite people who understand the proper way to treat others and act in public. There are a lot of very rude and inconsiderate people out there with children, and no matter how they choose to discipline their kids, rude people will very often have rude children. They themselves don't know the very things that they need to teach, and they often set poor examples for their children by acting like rude morons -- I see it all the time in public.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Punishment (especially physical) is not the best way to raise a child. Role-modeling, heaping responsibility, and having high expectations will produce a child that WANTS to be the best they can. On the rare occasions that I mst punish my children, briefly removing them from family interaction and their pleasurable pursuits is very effective. It shows them the consequences of their actions without them associating me with physical pain.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I certainly didn't intend to turn this post into a corporal punishment argument. I think the bottom line is, flaky Craig's listers need to be beaten. I think that would teach them the appropriate behavior needed for a site like that. Alternatively, we could TRY to just remove them from their "pleasurable pursuits" but that might be hard since we can't track them down because they don't answer their freakin phone or emails.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Dren said:
And is that you who added me on Myspace?
Yep, didn't you get an approval form of some sort from "Heu"? Do you not recognize my name Nick? Hey, how far is Madison from South Bend cuz I come there alot.

[/thread hijack2] Since we went from flakes on craig's list to corporal punishment and back, how about MySpace? or MySpace people in Indiana?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
dohcrxl said:
Dren said:
Yep, didn't you get an approval form of some sort from "Heu"? Do you not recognize my name Nick? Hey, how far is Madison from South Bend cuz I come there alot.

[/thread hijack2] Since we went from flakes on craig's list to corporal punishment and back, how about MySpace? or MySpace people in Indiana?
I'm on myspace and in Indiana. same id as this forum.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I responded to an ad for a portable oxy-acetaline
rig listed for $125.00 here locally..

I talked to a woman and made arrangments to meet her
at a location she selected..She said she would be home "all day"
and to call when I got there and she would meet me..

After driving for an hour and a half to get there,
I tried contacting her to no avail..
Needless to say I was a bit peeved..

The neat part about it was she wanted me to meet her at an
abandoned shopping center..

My only guess was that it was a set-up to get robbed
as a carload of "shady-types" drove by slowly checking me out.. :rolleyes1:

·
Registered
778 Posts
dohcrxl said:
Dren said:

Yeah I know your name Heu, just wanted to make sure...I guess it was a dumb question huh? I'm about 4 hours from South Bend. We all could meet up somewhere in Indiana sometime. Ryan and Ragnaarok both went to Purdue (I think?).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.