Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the other thread, what's yours?

Mine is the way the CRX is perceived by other drivers. Bigger vehicles seem to think they can cut me off, ignore me, whatever, because the car is tiny and I should move. All the high school kids in their parent's accords want to race me. It's very irritating, I actually specifically avoid certain places around here on Friday nights, I've accidentally gone to little ricer meets while trying to buy cigarettes at 2 or 3 am a few times. Last night a kid in an EG Si tried to race me with my 16 year old sister in the car... lame.

·
Registered
913 Posts
How all other vehicles think you're a ricer and Honda's suck. I especially like owning those kind of guys with my "riced out Honda".

I actually had a guy in a Z32 300ZX pull up to me, raise his chin, and ask "Right hand drive conversion?" with a snobby tone. I was like, "Are you kidding?" I laughed, and let him squeal his tires off the light.

·
Registered
110 Posts
downest said:
ritating, I actually specifically avoid certain places around here on Friday nights, I've accidentally gone to little ricer meets while trying to buy cigarettes at 2 or 3 am a few times. Last night a kid in an EG Si tried to race me with my 16 year old sister in the car... lame.
Strange I have yet to have anyone try to race me, although I don't really ever drive around anytime except for during the day so that could be it.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Hess on 15th and Hoosick, when there aren't 5 cops there there are ricers. Also 87 south any time after 5 on friday or saturday. And wolf road late at night (my friend works down there, I go down to pick her up at work sometimes, they race between the lights).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Seti said:
I hate it even more so than the bitch pin.
Now THAT is a strong statement!! :p

My least favorite thing... the fact that when I was 17 I could fill up for less then $10 bucks!! I filled up the other day... $27 BUCKS!!! :evil:

Its not the cars fault of course.. but if I had to pick the one thing.

The only other thing I hate.. is the fact that I catch so much crap because its "some damn foreign Jap car..." :roll:

I like Nebraska.. I dont much care for the ******** that populate it!

later

Sneak

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Real sports cars don't have cupholders ;) .

And the bitch pin isn't that bad... if you have the right tools!

·
Registered
416 Posts
SETI20 said:
I hate the heater contol panel.

It cracks, I had it break one of the control cables once, and it's the least accessible part to reach on the entire car.

I hate it even more so than the bitch pin.
I've never had to remove the bitch pin but I can say that the climate controls are definately my least favorite part. I'm currenly on my second set which no have to be replace. They are just way to fragile are nearly impossbile to find in perfect condition.

And the whole cup holder situation...just have someone ride along..that is what I usually do. "Here can you hold this for me."

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
downest said:
And the bitch pin isn't that bad... if you have the right tools!
What's this "bitch pin" referring to?? :?:

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
The pin at the joint connecting the shift rod to the transmission. I've still never been successful at getting one out. But I was able to work around it the 3 times I've had to do it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've been revved on a couple of times, then they get a gander at ME...they stop revving and go on their way.
They see the gramps driving and the stock look of the exterior, and they figure I'm just saving on gas.
Although one of the new SER's gave me a FU look on a deserted highway one night...He didn't look over at me as I went by him...or when I slowed down and he streaked by me lol.

Worst part?

I had a bit of trouble with the speedo cable replacement...and I also have to vote on the climate control.
Mine was in perfect shape, until I tried to figure out why my blower is only blowing on defrost. Sorta leaves my feet cold these days.
As soon as I tried to take the faceplate off it cracked...in 2 places.
And I STILL have to replace the controls.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
crxfisher said:
The pin at the joint connecting the shift rod to the transmission. I've still never been successful at getting one out. But I was able to work around it the 3 times I've had to do it.
That's the bitch pin.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts