Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
i would have to go with downest on this one.
Mine is the way the CRX is perceived by other drivers
i guess i do the same thing to dsm drivers. it kinda funny when i park my rex between like and excurshion. i cant go to the anywhere without someone wantin to reace me. last night i was going to go fill up my tank and i live like 4 blocks from the sstation i got to. its one of the only places in town that sells 93 oct. but anyways i hit a light and theres a Mini van revin it up to me Socer mom driving turns green and this soccer mom just peels out and goes. ya thats the only downside to driving a rex is the way people perceive you

·
Registered
452 Posts
One word:

R U S T

^^^ This is not my rex!

My project 88 std, pic taken today...

Gotta love livin in the rustbelt :cry:

·
Registered
452 Posts
downest said:
Whose car is that rusted one? My rockers look about like that...
Do you mean the y49 in my post?

It was an 89 I bought last summer, tried selling, and finally yanked the JDM drivetrain and traded the shell for the blue std hatchback you see in the 2nd pic.

That car had terminal cancer lol.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
downest said:
crxfisher said:
The pin at the joint connecting the shift rod to the transmission. I've still never been successful at getting one out. But I was able to work around it the 3 times I've had to do it.
That's the bitch pin.
Yeah, I know. I was answering the question right above that. :wink:

·
Registered
46 Posts
As far as the heater controls go, I have to recommend a couple of things:

That stupid metal cross piece underneath sucks, and seems a bit unnecessary to me. I cut the bitch out. It makes removing/installing the heater controls sooo much easier!!

Second, do yourself a huuge favor, and buy some good plastic epoxy type glue and fill in all those gaps behind the face plate. There just isn't enough reinforcement back there. I actually took some sand paper and something thin like a putty knife, and scuffed up the plastic down in those gaps really well, and then I mixed up some 2 part epoxy and used the corner of a sturdy plastic bag to make sort of like a pastry bag to squirt it down in the gaps as thoroughly and cleanly as I could. Let it set up for a day or so, and it should be alot stronger!! These things cost waay too much to have to keep replacing! (If anybody doesn't understand the gaps I'm talking about, I'll try to get a picture. Maybe I'll even do a little write-up.)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well for me, what I hate most is when I get some young punks in some "younger" car thinking they can take on an older driver in an older car.

I just love the look on their faces in my rear view mirror a few seconds later... :twisted:

Part-wise, I hate the original and aftermarket headlights: they look slick and complement the car's shape well but they're small and don't light up the road enough. Will think of adding proper Hella driving lamps under the bumper soon - driving at night is a hazard, what with my declining eyesight too :p

JP

·
Registered
734 Posts
I hate the vertical window trim right behind each window...that black plastic piece. The weak-ass little clips always break, leaving the thing to make noise in the wind until the last one finally gives way. Then you have to pay 30 bucks or so for a new one, pull the broken pieces out with needlenose pliers, and snap the new one into place. It looks so ghetto without that piece, especially if your car is black but used to be red like mine :)

Can you tell mine just broke? Had to replace it on my other second gen too...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.