Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 CRX SI. It has the original rims and tires that are 185/60R14.
I'm interested in the ROTA OS mesh 15X7 4X100 35 67.1 Gold with Polish lip.
Will I be able to purchase these rims and new tires (15") without having to modify the CRX? I don't want the tires to stick out from the car. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
You could use 7 " BUT you need to have the right offset.
I test fitted a 6.5" wide rim with 40 offset and it is at the edge(fronts), the rear I suspect the will stick out a bit.

A 7" rim would need a 26 offset to stay at the edge. But dont quote me on that one.
Check with the store selling them. They know the cars specs, they will be able to tell you which one to get.

Gl

·
Registered
139 Posts
You could use 7 " BUT you need to have the right offset.
I test fitted a 6.5" wide rim with 40 offset and it is at the edge(fronts), the rear I suspect the will stick out a bit.

A 7" rim would need a 26 offset to stay at the edge. But dont quote me on that one.
Check with the store selling them. They know the cars specs, they will be able to tell you which one to get.

Gl
i have a set on rpf's 15x7 41 offset. 195/50-15 or even 205/50-15's fit with this combo. 35 offset might be sticking out slightly. 7' rim +40 offset is close to max fitting inside fender.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Tks for the info jwharnish
If the 7" is set flush on the outside then inside clearences must be considered as well.

I'm still undecided if installing all 4 rims.

(y)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Tks for the info jwharnish
If the 7" is set flush on the outside then inside clearences must be considered as well.

I'm still undecided if installing all 4 rims.

(y)
inside clearance is not an issue with the 7". if you go wider then 7", +43 is about as far as you can go to clear inside. i have a set of ssr's 15x7.5 that are +43. with the 205/50-15 they just fit, as long as you use the later rear trailing are. i rolled my fender also to get clearance for those. a +35 on a 7 i think will stick out even with a 195, but just slightly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts