Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've got two sets of wheels and wanted some opinions.

Post your opinions, reasons and vote.
Which rims for my Black, '91 Crx Si.
The Hx rims are a very light 14" rim.
The GSR's are a 15" rim.
I have had them for awhile and had them powdercoated white.
When i get my car repainted & plan on keeping my car black and I also plan on lowering it somewhere down the line.

Best pics i could find showing both sets of wheels on my car.
Hx rims

White GSR "Fat Fives"

·
Registered
20,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
downest said:
HX wheels because they are light, and 14 inch tires are a lot cheaper.

I'm a little biased...
Your the reason i have this dilema :lol: ...had i not seen your BLACK Crx with Hx rims on it, i would have considered selling my Hx's.

But you do raise a valid point, they are light and tires for them are dirrrrrrrtty cheap!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
GSR with street tires and HX with track tires.
Problem solved!

·
Registered
20,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jmart said:
GSR with street tires and HX with track tires.
Problem solved!
:lol:
Not a bad idea, but i only wanna keep one set for the car and i don't see my car going to the track that often.
Also i don't very often see ppl sportin or selling HX wheels. Most of the ppl i see, if they have OEM wheels for their 4x100 Honda, have SI wheels or Some sort of Integra rim.
So i might just clean my Hx's up and keep 'em.

I have another set of GSR rims in Silver too that my fiance pushes around on her Civic.
Out of the 3 sets of OEM wheels i have none of them will fit my DD Accord!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Well, if you aren't headed to the track or autox then i'd say go for what looks better. I like the style of the HX rims, but i like 15s better for looks. And tires look bette ron them becasue of the lower profile.
I think HXs can sell for a pretty penny too, no?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.