Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm New so as of right now someone stop me if i'm in the wrong forum or whatever but here goes. I have a 1991 Honda CRX and im looking into putting 18's on it I already have 17's on it sitting stock, but I want to go lager. Also by me going larger I want to put my lowering springs on which are the Eibach Pro-Kit springs. Now if I put these on with 18's will I have a problem with turning/getting pulled over/making a u-turn/tires rubbing at all. Also should I change my strust befor putting these springs on or will it be okay to run my stock struts on the sprins. So someone please let me know whats up or if you have any ideas latta Thanks.Here is a pic of How my car sits now with 17's

· Registered
6,568 Posts
you really dont want to put an 18" wheel on there.

you cant even do it properly. youd have to find a tire that had only a 1.35" tall sidewall (ie a 205/30/18) and those dont exist.

you also would have to find an 18x7" rim

its not gonna work out for you very well at all.

[email protected]

· Registered
953 Posts
18 just dont look right on are cars.

Matt, don t you have a ?pic of that car lowered with 18's?

· Registered
20,445 Posts
d1nonlyjv43 said:
I'm New so as of right now someone stop me.....
I have a 1991 Honda CRX and im looking into putting 18's on it I already have 17's on it sitting stock, but I want to go lager.

Bad idea.

Big wheels look ridiculous on these cars.
They are NOT functional, not driver friendly, and rub badly.

I wouldn't run any bigger than 16".

· Registered
2,037 Posts
17x7 is really the very biggest you can go while lowering the car and not rubbing. I've got 17x7.5 on my car and I'm lowered almost 2". With just the right amount of negativ camber I almost don't rub at all. But now I'm going to have to roll the fender lips a bit to make it okay. Even then its pushing it.

So in short I also dont think that you should put 18"s on your car. Plus, most 18" rims are going to be heavy as hell.

· Registered
779 Posts
Too be honest, 18" are a little too big for our cars. You will simply have too many headaches to be worth it. Your best bet is to settle on a nice 16" rim with a decent tire. Try to get light rims, not the chrome flashy ones. The heavier the rim the slower your car will be and if you like driving your car you won't like it to be ridiculously slow, right?

Go on honda-tech.com and go into the EF/CRX section. Then go to the 70 page picture thread and look and see what you like and don't like, then re-think the 18s.

· Registered
779 Posts
SETI20 said:
You wanna do WHAT to WHAT!? :lol:

Even most 16inch sizes will throw the speedo off immensely.
18" wheels are for big'ol honkin cars like BMW's and Mercs.
Or mini-trucks. I like slammed mini trucks with nice big rims. A very good look, but very unpractical.

· Registered
6,568 Posts
SETI20 said:
You wanna do WHAT to WHAT!? :lol:

Even most 16inch sizes will throw the speedo off immensely.
18" wheels are for big'ol honkin cars like BMW's and Mercs.
I dont know that most 16" wheel will throw off the speedo immensely, its actually quite easy to properly size a tire that will be dead nuts accurate. Even if you put a ginormous 16x8 on there with a 225/40/16 itd be less then 1 percent off....

but yeah, 18s too big. 17s can be done, but usually why (unless you have a sweet lightweight set of forged 17s like myself and jmart). 16s are good if you like the look.

but seriously, 15s FTW!!!! (or 14s if you autox)

[email protected]

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good thing I didnt buy those rims, Thanks for the info Fam , I appreciate tramendously(spelling) Now that you'll gave me ideas I might just sell my 17's and go witha 15 or a 16 to be honest i've seen a nce set of 15's but for right now i might just go put on my stock acura wheels i brought for 100 bucks with brand new tires so i gues they will be okay for now . I got someone to photshop a image of my car with the stock 15's on it befor i brought them tell me what you think...

The photshop image might not be as good but o well unless soeone else can do a photoshop of it better but take a look and replay with ideas thanks....

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To be honest with you the corner light doesnt have any screws in it someone stole them while i was in a parking lot at walmart ya took them off while i was in the parking lot at walmart so im looking to replace them. I have a set of new jdm style blk projector lgiths and amber cormers on the way that i ordered and i have the blak jdm style tails to match

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.