Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a bit early to think about this year's meets already, but I'm moving to Atlanta in early summer, and that puts me in a convenient position to try to make it to the FL meet. I haven't been to it before, and I can't seem to remember what time of year it usually happens. :?

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm being assigned to Fort Mcpherson, so if I'm not living on the post, it'll be in a nearby apartment, probably in the college park area. I looked at apartments online and I think I like the Embarcadero club apts. near the airport.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
The BIG meet is usually around the end of October... the exact weekend could change though this year, but its set in stone withing a couple weeks +/- from that.

Keep an eye out at http://www.FLCRXMeet.com... when we know exactly, we'll post the info up there ;)

Also, we usually run a 'half meet', so keep an eye out for that as well!

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What part of Texas are you in? If it's possible to organize a small meeting with the rest of the Texas rexers in Austin or Dallas, I'd be down for that. As long as it's before June.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I am in Fort Worth, a suburb of Dallas. A mini meet would be great. Remember, I have a Hooter's near me that has free beer.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Charles said:
Damn. I had hoped to meet you someday. maybe I will drive up to OK before you leave.
trust me..he isn't much to look at.

:)

ahhh home

·
Registered
53 Posts
You Rang??? :wink:
My ears were burning so I figured I'd chime in! Heheheh...

First off: HOLY CRAP! Jon Black is ALIVE!!! Geez! I've only seen this guy ONCE since my wedding over two years ago! Welcome back!

Scramble! Welcome to the Deep South! Hope to see you join us again this year.

And speaking of this year, no date set, but as John said it will be toward the end of October/Begining of November.

And as for the Mini-Meet, I was toying around with the weekend of May 19th - Why you may ask? Because that is the opening weekend of The DaVinci Code! :D
Also because I'm moving in March and wont have much time to plan anything. Suggestions are always welcome though.

Thank you everyone for YEARS of support!!!

Also for the record, we raised $1,150.00 this year for the Baby DJ Childrens Charity at the CRX Meet. The year before we only collected $450.00 so kudos to those of you you helped this great worthy charity!!!! :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
actually ken I just moved back to the area (I live in sanford now) and just started working at Icon with john. So I would expect you will be seeing alot more of me in the future. oh and tweak too, since she will be returning to daily driver status. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I'm going to try to make it to the Florida meet this year. Never been. I've made it to two Niagara meets, 1000+ miles away...But never to the meet that is just one state away from me. This year for sure.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
both are about the same distance for me. if my work vacation time permits i would be up for it. I love Florida. I was born in Lakeland, grew up in Gulfport ( right outside St.Pete ). I never knew how much I would miss Fla until I moved to Va :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
Hmmmmm......

[head scratching]This gets me thinking.[/head scratching]

I have a good friend who lives in Austin.
My family all live near Atlanta.
Florida is a hop, skip and jump from Atlanta.

I can very easily justify a trip "home" rather than another one to Niagara. OHHHHHH, I am definitely going to have to try to make a big road trip out there this year. :D

I haven't been to the sunshine state in years....
Come on out Mark! It would be great to finally meet you! :D

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
hmm, we "won" a trip... 3 days, 2 nights... now to just convince my fiance we want to go to Fl... she has never been

1 - 16 of 16 Posts