Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so how do you know this person you bought this car from that you're trying to title?...

Whatever you do, do not say: "Oh he's my girlfriend's cousin" Because if you do, they will refuse to title the car for you. Curious why? Well, it appears that people rack up parking tickets and don't pay for them. When it comes time to renew the plates the DMV refuses them of course because of the unpaid tickets. They then make it common practice to transfer the title into a relative's name so they can continue using the vehicle without paying for said tickets.

When the DMV lady asked me that I was a bit dumbfounded 'cause it was the first time it'd ever been asked of me. Not thinking and being of an honest nature, I said what I did. That's when she said hmmmmm... NOPE, CAN'T DO IT.

I tried to reassure her and her manager that I make an honest living and that anything devious like that was out of my character but I suppose they'd seen plenty of people who were good at lying that I sounded just like one of them. Luckily, I had connections - my bro used to work for the DMV and took the old title along with my check the next day and "put in a good word for me" :wink: :wink: KEKEKEKE

Oh yea, I can have emisions exemption too (via hook-up) but I've never had a problem making any of my cars pass emissions so not neccessary. So anyway, the moral of the story is...

HONESTY IS NOT ALWAYS THE BEST POLICY

·
Registered
66 Posts
thats absurd.. its unconstitional to assume you are a wrong-doer.. what state do you live in? Cause here in florida I think tickets go as leans against the title.. hense any transfer of ownership also marks a transfer of debt..(Mr. Ward correct me if I am wrong)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
poormansporsche said:
thats absurd.. its unconstitional to assume you are a wrong-doer.. what state do you live in? Cause here in florida I think tickets go as leans against the title.. hense any transfer of ownership also marks a transfer of debt..(Mr. Ward correct me if I am wrong)
No, I think that's absurd. Tickets being a lein against the title? That's even worse than what they practice here in WI. I think tickets should be a lein against the owner's driver's license. The DMV would be pleasantly surprised how many people will pay up to keep their driving privilages.

Another thing too, I don't know how it is in other states but here in WI if you don't pay for tickets, they come straight out of your state tax refund at the end of the year. This being the case, I don't see why they have to have any other stipulations. Well, I suppose if you owe taxes there'd still be a problem. But like I said, make it a lein against the owner's DL.

·
Registered
66 Posts
dohcrxl said:
poormansporsche said:
No, I think that's absurd. Tickets being a lein against the title? That's even worse than what they practice here in WI. I think tickets should be a lein against the owner's driver's license. The DMV would be pleasantly surprised how many people will pay up to keep their driving privilages.

Another thing too, I don't know how it is in other states but here in WI if you don't pay for tickets, they come straight out of your state tax refund at the end of the year. This being the case, I don't see why they have to have any other stipulations. Well, I suppose if you owe taxes there'd still be a problem. But like I said, make it a lein against the owner's DL.
we dont have state income taxes.. NEENER-NEENER-NEENER, lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.