Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted here in a looong time, but with a week off of school for spring break, I've decided to freshen up the old rex. I need a few parts, but I'd like to know where to get them. I'm looking for a place that's relatively cheap, yet reputable. I need the following parts:

1) Rear brake calipers (both sides). Autozone quoted me $110 for each.

2) Front CV boots (both sides). Should I replace the boots, or just source a whole front axle?

3) Minor rust repair on rear quarter panels. I've been looking at something called "Rust Bullet" that claims no prep is necessary. Has anyone had experience with this product?

Link: http://rustbullet.com/Products/Automoti ... motive.htm

I found calipers and CV boots on Ebay for dirt cheap. Would you trust Ebaymotors, or just go to a store?

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips. Bobski: you mentioned rebuilt axles for $100; can I get one from Honda, or would I have to go somewhere else? I noticed the ripped boot about three months ago, so it's been exposed for at least that long. I haven't heard a clicking noise yet, but I'd rather play it safe and just replace the whole axle. Like you said, it's an involved job anyway; changing the boot only to have to have the whole thing lock up on me would not be fun.

Rag,

Sounds good. I'll give Rust Bullet a try. It's only $8.99 for a 1/4 pint, so I don't have have much to lose!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.