Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a drivers side manual window regulator for my 90 crx hf. Ebay is hit or miss and most sites I come across just say it's discontinued. I know the parts are out there, I've seen the OEM hauls for crx restorations. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
28 Posts
Is it possible to repair it? I’ve seen some articles on the roller replacement which I'm in the process of completing. The mechanism that is used to “roll” against the toothed plate seems like it could be replaced with one from a new civic chassis (EG,EK) with rivets if needed. If you need dimensions off of my working one I’d be will to provide them.

I’ve recently picked up an abused crx and I’ve come to the conclusion that the days of the EF/ED chassis having abundant good used parts available are long gone and entirely over priced.

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
28 Posts
This article on Honda tech has directions to make some replacements for the originals.

I drilled out the existing ones with a drill bit that’s ground flat on the flutes to cut only the rivet but a regular drill bit could do it if your careful. The hole that’s left is M6.

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
28 Posts
My old rollers seem to have a degree of swiveling ability which I gather was to help prevent binding but they shouldn’t have a huge amount of play up and down in the track. I’m going to look for a pre assembled roller at my local home repair store but if one doesn’t exist that will work Il build one like in the article.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts