Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at swapping out my stock engine ('88 DX) and am looking for a good site to find a good D16A6 to put in. I have seen a few places but none of them seemed to be as cheap as i would have expected ($1000 +). They are all turn-key but that still seemed high for what i was thinking...any help?

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
oh god..thats alot. I usually sell complete a6;s to people for around 300 (complete, with tranny)....

around here a Z6 longblock goes for 400-500 from the JY. A6 long blocks should be well under 300.

[email protected]

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Is there anything wrong with the DX? You could save a bunch of time and money by just MPFI'ing it and getting an A6 cam. The head is the same aside from the cam. My friend is running his D15 with my old a6 head and it's just like an Si.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
downest said:
Is there anything wrong with the DX? You could save a bunch of time and money by just MPFI'ing it and getting an A6 cam. The head is the same aside from the cam. My friend is running his D15 with my old a6 head and it's just like an Si.
yeah true.. . . if your bottom end is good. . . .just follow this advice and save some green. . .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The head blew about 20,000 miles ago and the previous owner kept driving it (female, older, so not hard) and it has about 340,000 on it altogether. Is there any way to tell if the bottom is good? If it is then i would love to just swap them out like suggested above....

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
You could pick up a SOHC ZC, same thing as an a6 basicly. 340k is alot on a bottom end.

G

·
Im going to be doing what they mentioned previously, But if your looking to get a good engine go to www.nipponmotors.com . My brother has been buying from them for a long time and they never did him wrong. They are used but he never had one with 25,000 miles when he bought his. And they have great prices. Good Luck!

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.