Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one on order and the place backed out. Im looking for a VIS or Seibon CF US fit, SIR Style Carbon fiber hood. I need a hood with the bump up in the middle to clear my valve cover.

Ive heard of a CRX headlight that fits into a US CRX that takes just one bulb, like an H4 or something like that. Anyone know anything about this?

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Matt, check eBay for VIS... there are usually a lot of people selling that hood you're looking for. 98% of them will all be drop-shipping it directly from VIS anyway.

As for the headlight, look for the German (euro) ZC headlight. It is single bulb, H4, and glass... i have a set here, but i they are spoken for already :( but if you need to know anything about them, let me know. They are on eBay a lot.

(If you're already buying a VIS hood, and want to spend that much on lgihts, why not do the complete SiR front :p ? You're not too far away from it.. hehe)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know of a good place to get that front swap? I have a lead on a CRX that Im probably going to be getting this upcoming weekend. Its damn immaculate save for a primerd hood and fender. No rust, well maintained.

Im trying to get everything in order for one it gets here so I can whip it into shape quickly.

Ebay was skeeving me out, the description were so vague I got the same exact hood about 3 years ago and was shipped the wrong one 2x!

Also, these Euro headlights, do they work only with the JDM/EDM hood, only the USDM hood, or both? Do they need different corner lights?

Sorry for all teh questions, but planning saves me headaches in the future! Too many times Ive had teh wrong info and tried to proceed on it.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Well, you could always contact VIS directly, and buy it that way, then you can make sure you're getting the right one.

Well, you don't need the whole swap to do the front end. You're buying the VIS hood, get the SIR lights, the wrap-around corners, and a front bumper/support. All of which can be had on eBay, or other JDM sites. I think HMotors also sells the fronts when they can. Worth a call at least. ;)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so the SIR lights are H4 as well? I dont need different fenders? I always get so confused when it comes to this stuff.

Id love to have the JDM style front bumper with some type of headlight that uses just an H4, without having to replace the fenders.

If I use the actual SIR headlights, then I need to get the actual JDM fit hood and space out my tbar right? I jsut dont want to buy the wrong parts.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
The EDM SiR -glass- headlights are H4.... the JDM SiR -plastic- lights are H4H.

You don't need to change the fenders, they are the same. The corner-markers are slgihtly different though, but you -can- use the US ones, they will just not line up perfectly like they would if you had a sety of EDM or JDM Stanley corners.

The t-bar can stay put, you just need to slot the hood latch on the hood-side, and slide it towards the back of the hood about 3/4 inch or so.

8)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So shopping list:

EDM Glass H4 Headlights (btw, what is the difference between H4H and H4?)
JDM SIR Hood
JDM Bumper with turn signals

If I get the EDM corner lights, will they work with my stock fenders?

Thanks a million, you are always so helpful!

[email protected]

·
Registered
390 Posts
I got my vis cf bseries hood from http://fatboygarage.com/. I originally won the auction on ebay but that's the companys website. The hood was 100% vis and the shipping was fast. I'd buy from them again if I needed another hood down the road. They have good customer service even though the guy who I spoke wasnt real fluent in english (he sounded asian).

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow, there site is a pain in the ass haha. Ill try and give them a call. Do you recall how much it set you back, if you don tm ind me asking?

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ha, you show me the way. they seem like exactly what i would want to get. glass, h4, perfecto!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got my VIS CF ZC(I ordered the nomal one but i guess they messed up :D ) hood off of ebay for right around 400 bucks shipped. I don't remember the seller name but I had it waiting on my doorstep like 3 of 4 days later.

·
Registered
494 Posts
www.passwordjdm.com
1-562-801-1808

Complete front end conversion mostly NEW OEM parts = $1500.00

Carbon fiber SiR hood
JDM T-bar
JDM headlights
Mugen style bumper
JDM wrap around bumper lights
JDM corners
JDM fenders

That's a hell of a deal!! If you call, speak to ANDY. He has his own CRX.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, if I break it down, ok Carbon Fiber hood, thats worth about $400, so were at 1100

I dont need a t bar, Ill just use my stock one, And everyones telling me the fenders are identical so I dont need those.

So that leaves me with 1100 for a bumper, bumper lights, headlights (which arent REALLY the ones i want) and corner lights.....I dont know if thats quite the 'deal' I was looking for.

Password seems a bit expensive for everything, they want 500 for a bumper, hell they want 200 for a set of bumper lights! I just dont know if thats worth it.....

Thanks everyone for the input though, the more I know the better. Does anyone know what teh EDM lights go for generally? I saw one set go for about 200 dollars, and a couple that didnt sell at 350 plus buy it now. And, for teh record, the EDM lights WILL NOT work in a standard US Spec CRX correct?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
NO.... those are JDM... also, they use the headlight bucket-frame, instead of having an internally adjustable headlight, where the housing and glass doesn't move, just the inside reflector.

By the way, those corner lights go for between 100-200... thats about normal... but pwjdm IS on the expensive side of the ladder. You can find those on eBay for decent rates. eBay is likely going to be your friend here, not pwjdm. Just buy carefully, and watch who you buy from. There are sellers overseas that are reputable. Check feedback, and DEFINITELY insure headlights, or anything fragile...

The EDM ZC lights WILL work with stock USDM bodyparts and bumper.

The EDM SiR lights need the SiR bumper/hood/marker lights.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.