Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I'm debating on "SELLING" my Mugen MR-5 15" for Weds Sports bronze 16" Should I ?

Here is my car as it sits.

Weds Sports

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jfrolang said:
Which ones weigh less? Use those.

The Weds will definitely be a visual improvement though.
I'm not too worried about weigh. I have a b16 being built and stroked to a 2.19L and turbo'd, Visual is all I'm looking for.

Mugen mr-5 15" --- 15pounds
Weds Sports DA-90 16" ---17.8pounds

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
FYI, I just looked up the weights. Mugen MR-5 (15x6.5) weighs 15.0 pounds. Weds SA-90 (16x7) weighs 18.4 pounds.

And IMO, you should have gone with a turbo H22 if you wanted more displacement. You're losing a lot of the 'revability' of the B16 by stroking it that much, not to mention the thinner, weaker cylinder sleeves with a big bore. Good luck with traction btw.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jfrolang said:
FYI, I just looked up the weights. Mugen MR-5 (15x6.5) weighs 15.0 pounds. Weds SA-90 (16x7) weighs 18.4 pounds.

And IMO, you should have gone with a turbo H22 if you wanted more displacement. You're losing a lot of the 'revability' of the B16 by stroking it that much, not to mention the thinner, weaker cylinder sleeves with a big bore. Good luck with traction btw.
I have a H22 turbo in my hatch. I wanted to try something different, besides I want to beat but buddy with a B20 vtec turbo with a smaller engine.

Traction shouldn't be a problem. AEM ECC with boosted limited. Basically limit my boost so I can go the fastest I can with out breaking loose on the track. I'll do same for the street.

Picture of my Hatch

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, I got that question mixed up when i posted it and i can't change it.

Should I selling them ? Yes or No.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I vote for you to sell the MR-5s... to me. Seriously, both wheels look great, but I prefer the MR-5s, so let me know if you decide to get rid of them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea I know it comes done to what I like. I like both The mugens are a crx classic rim, the weds sports have a better look. It hard to decide so I thought I ask other people of there opinion

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.