Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
one of my favorites was somebody used the handle from a Snap-On scredriver for their shift knob.

can't find the pic right now though...

I personally use the knob out of the EP Civic Si. (Red-stitched leather.)

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
FooFighter said:
I too am looking to buy a new shift knob...
I am thinking of this one:

But my change lever seems to have been stripped by the monkey who owned the car before me. Do you think the new knob would be able to screw on there? Or should I do something about it first?

This is a picture of my change lever:
Thats what Iv'e got. Its hot in the summer, and cold in the winter, otherwise, iits a great knob.

PM me if you need a stock shift rod.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
nah, not too bad. The worst part was pulling the bolts which hold the "ball" section of the shifter into the linkage... nothing a set of vice grips can't fix.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'll put in a vote for my shift knob...skunk2 weighted. I wouldn't mind having a leather one, but I really like the weight of the skunk2 so I wouldn't want to switch back to a lightweight one. It's really amazingly heavy when you hold it in your hand, and the weight makes the shifter just fall nicely into gear. Not the cheapest out there, but the way I figure it I spend a TON of time touching the shift knob and the steering wheel, and they are the inputs for very important controls of the car...so I don't mind spending a little more than my standard generic eBay budget to get something decent. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.