Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am stuck in Between decisions.

I have an 84 CRX with that nasty carb thing. I also have 3 motors in the garage. The first is an 89 D16A6 with 180,000 miles on it and a wiring harness. The second is a B16 Bare block...bare and the third one is a complete 1998 D16Y7 complete rebuild with no miles on it and no harness.

The questions are which one should be put in? how to do the swap? and whats compatible? Also I will be turboing the motor before it goes in.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
I don't think there are mounts readily available to put the D16s in your 84, unless you want to fabricate your own. You can, however, buy mounts for the B16. In any case, you'll need to convert your chassis to fuel injection. I don't know all the details of that process.

I'm sure someone else can link you to what you'll need to know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jfrolang said:
I don't think there are mounts readily available to put the D16s in your 84, unless you want to fabricate your own. You can, however, buy mounts for the B16. In any case, you'll need to convert your chassis to fuel injection. I don't know all the details of that process.

I'm sure someone else can link you to what you'll need to know.
Thats a Bummer about the D16 because I would save a load of money.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Find yourself a D16A1 out of a 86-89 Teg. I do beleive those are the only 'bolt in' engines. It's basically a weaker DOHC ZC (brown top) so you would upgrade the engine quite a bit over the stocker.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ludesrv said:
Find yourself a D16A1 out of a 86-89 Teg. I do beleive those are the only 'bolt in' engines. It's basically a weaker DOHC ZC (brown top) so you would upgrade the engine quite a bit over the stocker.
Thats Spending more money on engines.How much potential is in those motors?

·
Registered
779 Posts
NightSwing17 said:
ludesrv said:
Thats Spending more money on engines.How much potential is in those motors?
Enough for you to wanna do it. Alot more then the stock engine.

You can sell the other engines and buy a used 86-89 teg that is local to you for cheap, and use the parts from it. Or just buy the engine. It's true the 3rd gens just don't have the support they should to be swap friendly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.