Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a friend were talking deals (it great when most of your friends are into hondas), and I have a 112k SI trans(possibly less), but I want a ZC trans as Im going to be putting in a d15b/y8 mini-me. (Hello revs!)

And Ive read that the 1st gear in a Si trans its really too short for a JDM D15B vtec. So would a ZC trans be worth it? Plus the equal length axles...

Im just wondering as theres a chance I could end up with a ZC trans...

Laterz... 8)

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
The ZC tranny is also going to require DA axles and midshaft to work. The ratios are closer, but the final drive is shorter, so you don't end up changing too much in the end, but you do have equal length axles. If you can, take the ZC tranny and an Si tranny, tear them down, and build up a ZC 1-4, Si 5th and final (or take the 5th out of your HF tranny). You'll have a killer tranny for acceleration with a decent cruising 5th if you use the Si, even better with the HF. If you use the whole diff out of the Si tranny and not just the ring gear, you can use your stock axles too.

ZC gears:
1st 3.250
2nd 1.944
3rd 1.346
4th 1.033
5th 0.878
Final 3.888

Si Gears:
1st 3.250
2nd 1.894
3rd 1.259
4th 0.937
5th 0.771
Final 4.250

·
Registered
633 Posts
^^^What he said. But If you have no intentions of opening any of them up and will be using either in stock form I'd suggest using the Si over the ZC.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would have to be in stock form unless I got someone to do the hybrid ZC 1-4 with SI final and HF 5th. I actualy have another Si trans but its got 193k (from the 89si) and grinds third gear slightly bad. I thought maybe in stock form the ZC trans would be better, but if not Im just keeping the Si trans and Ill find a ZC trans down the road and have someone build the hybrid trans.

While we are on the subject of a nice ZC trans, does anybody know if an OBX LSD for an SI trans will fit in a ZC case? I actualy want the equal length axles....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.