Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know most of you guys are too old for college but im sure theres some kids in here still in college, lol.

so what are you finals?

me:

Intermediate Mechanics of Materials (anticipated grade - B/C)
Intro to Aerodynamics (anticipated grade A)
Incompressible Aerodynamics (andticipated grade C/D)
Analysis of Engr. Systems - F

i just finished up my last 2 today. i felt pretty good about the exams. i was also supposed to take Analysis of Engineering Systems final, but im failing that class and retaking it, so i didnt take the final. i couldnt drop it because i was already at my min. credits for full-time.

next semester should be fun

Analysis of Engineering Systems
Compressible Aerodynamics
Dynamics of Machines
Aerospace Structures
Flight Dynamics

needless to say im gonna be busting my balls next semester. :(

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
as far as i can tell i think i'm the youngest on the forum.....still in highschool haha.......so all mine are when we come back after new years

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so its graded but not graded? you get to pick your own standards but only if your standards meet theirs? i dont get it. sounds like they are making you feel like you have the power when they really do.

but i see nothing "outdated" about having exams. i mean yea they suck, but i see no better way for a university to see if youve learned the material then for them to actually test you. whether it be an exam, project, etc. for example, for my into to aero class, in addition to the written exam, i had a to build a glider that met certain specs (fly 40 ft, 3ft max wing span, 4oz max weight) but the rest of the design was completely up to me, and i had to include a written report outlining the design, cost, calculations, data analysis, flight testing results, etc. glider was worth 20%, final exam worth 20%

but in other news, whats everyone majoring in?

me: Doubling in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Wiimote Control - A
Xbox 360 Playtime - C
Work - A
Computer Time - B

Im going back to school next year after skippin 1 1/2+. I felt left out :cry:

·
Registered
952 Posts
downest said:
starting as a high-school teacher next fall...
And i thought you were going for mechanics.

I have finals all this week.
Intro to transportation
welding
math 101
Electicaly
Electicaly Lab

The only class im somewhat worried about is math. Other then that, im on to next quarter no worries.

Im learning Auto Mechanics, basicly only on fords. I hate fords by the way.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Out of work before 3pm every day, summers off, full benefits... as much as I love cars I'd rather teach (not to mention the job satisfaction). Anyway, with only 180 days a year to work, I will have plenty of time for my CRX.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I Finished Dec 7. Got a 3.2 this quarter which brought my GPA down to a 3.4 so i'm a liitle bumed. But still happy with it overall. I got A's in my color, drawing and digital design classes a B in my Art history a C+ in American history and a C in cultural anthropology. Not to happy about the C's but now I am done with my social science and history classes and I can focus on classes that really apply to my major, which is industrial design with a focus on transportation. I'm only going to be in school for another 5 years ontop of the 4 i've been in already so it should be fun. :rolleyes1: But i'll come out with an A.S in CAD and a B.S in industrial design.

-James-

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
woohoo, my professor for my Incompressible Aerodynamics class just emailed me and told me that i got a 90% on the final exam. im surprised, i mean i felt good about the test, but i felt good about the tests during the semster too and only scored a 65 on those. so i passed incompressible with a C over all :) im happy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.