Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,709 Posts
if those drip rails leak, or the hatch struts leak, can the water come in from above the tail light ?? that's where I see water in my car, but I can't pinpoint where on the outside it's finding a path... ?? the tails themselves are sealed, it seems to be getting around the body panels somehow.

I'm way confused, here's a couple pics. The water's final entry seems to be behind the "X" panel around where the two arrows would meet.

Any ideas? :idea:

· Registered
3,709 Posts
madman4you said:
lets start a photo albulm of everyones problem areas and post on here to norrow it down with more detail.................yeah
sorry dude, I can pull my response, your "yeah" part sounds like you don't want me cluttering your thread here.

if not, cool, but either way I'm trying to get more ideas to help everyone. let me know.

· Registered
3,709 Posts
madman4you said:
...its all good
excellent!

well to tell you more...today I pulled the quarter window trim and the trim to the rear of the headliner...and found water.

so I pulled the visors, etc, and removed the whole headliner.

the water coming in is so little, that it seems it flowed across the plastic trim, down the top of the quarter trim, through a tiny hole in the body seams at the rear, and down to the rear floor. all this time I thought the leak was in the back, and it's not...argh.

I didn't have my camera around, so pics will come later, but it seems I might finally find the leak after all. Pouring water didn't recreate the leak, so I'm waiting for warm snow / rain before I start slapping sealer everywhere. Money's on the rear washer nozzle for now, have to wait and see. The water always goes to the drivers side, and the washer hose goes that way, so it may be running across the hose and then down. I'm excited I may have this damn problem nipped soon. :twisted:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.