Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
I got the ultimate beater of all beaters as far as bikes go... Mine is a 1975 Yamaha SR500. To those that aren't bike people that means no electric start. I got the good old kick start where if you don't do it right it kicks back. The bike is truly a frakenstein bike. It has parts from about 6 give or take bikes. Pops bought it for about 200 not running and she's currently running. But hey it works for me it looks like a bike straight out of mad max.

· Registered
23 Posts
JKG08 said:
I am still concerned that the 250r is going to have less power than what I want but where I live I don't plan on doing much highway riding so I don't think that should be too big of a factor for me. Price is my biggest limitting factor in what I can buy and I think the smaller motor should keep insurance price down too (I'm only 17 so I'm sure the insurance companies are going to make a killing off of me :oops: ).
That bike is got plenty of power for a first time rider. Any one that rides knows at one point or another you WILL drop it so its best to learn on a smaller "beater" bike to get used to the feel and then like you said move your way up. The ninja's a great bike and although its small engine size it'll still get you from point a to point b. As far as the insurance goes a way that you can get it lowered is Motorcylce Safety Courses. You can find them at dealerships or even technical colleges. After you take one of these you get a little card and you take that to the insurance company and it helps out alot. Good luck with learning to ride man!

· Registered
23 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
A friend of mine is a trauma nurse. She has a name for people that ride those "crotch rocket" style motorcyles: Organ Donors.
True... but like anything its all about the driver. Just the same as people think all honda owners are ricers and what not its the same with crotch rockets sadly though most are.

· Registered
23 Posts
Ya i ride and absolutely love it! Wish I had that kind of option with places to ride. Pops worked in bike shops all over the map so definetly have an influence there. As far as racing not really always wanted to and have been looking into doing some flat track just amatuer stuff nothing serious. I like your blackbird btw. At first I was kinda dissapointed that you changed the color but definetly looks good. What all do you have done to it?

· Registered
23 Posts
hey ryan i agree completely but at the same time its part of the excitement in a way. It is something that is constantly on your mind whenever you ride but the thing is you have to take it on yourself to become that much better of a driver and the one thing that I always use when riding or even just driving my car is: What's the dumbest thing the person in the car/truck/bus/other can do and you always are trying to predict the worst so it doesn't happen. Even when you think you've seen it all somebody surprises you with something even worse. For me the benefits outway the risks but for some its not the case and so to each his own. Personally though its a feeling like none other to be riding even only going 25mph through the city is enjoyable to me.

· Registered
23 Posts
I've been getting so much crap for changing the black to gold.
Hey its all about what you as the owner like. Most the time the people that knock down someone elses work could probably never come close to doing anything like that and so are jealous. Bike looks great though and what you say isn't much is still quite a bit of work. Just gotta make sure to keep the rubber side down! :p :wink: I'm still waiting for it to get somewhat decent out here so I can get my bike going. I definetly have the riding itch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.