Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I keep catching myself doing it, I'm still a biker inside. Usually I flash my lights or wave when I see another CRX, about half the time I get a response. Maybe it's not so rare to see another CRX in SoCal or something, but up here they are pretty rare. So who does it?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I don't, but that's cause I don't drive my CRXs in the winter time. So, I usually just stare like I'd never seen one before until I weave too dangerously close to the curb or other cars around me.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I rarely see any Rexes in STL. I mostly see a lot of Del Sols. Like this afternoon when riding my bike around my neighborhood, looking for leads on my stereo components :lol:, I met a guy with a nice looking Del Sol. We talked for a bit about cars and my stolen property which was cool.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Once in a while I do...especially if they are looking my way. I find that a lot of CRX owners are just average joe's that don't care too much about the type of car that they drive. But for the ones that check my car out, I definitely give them a little wave. :)

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
stickershop said:
Once in a while I do...especially if they are looking my way. I find that a lot of CRX owners are just average joe's that don't care too much about the type of car that they drive. But for the ones that check my car out, I definitely give them a little wave. :)
Exactly. And if I see a nice looking one on the road, I honk too. Usually get no response. But every once in a while I do.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I always wave at other rexes. Here in Indiana they aren't too common, and if you do see one it's usually just someone who picked it up for the gas mileage and not a real enthusiast...but I wave anyway. I remember a couple of incidents in my old rex...

Once, I ended up cruising quite a ways on the interstate with a red CRX that I randomly came up on, we were just goofing around, passing each other, hauling ass (I remember doing a little over 100mph side by side, this was on a big interstate with no traffic around) and just generally having fun for a half hour or so until one of us came to our exit. We exchanged a wave and went our separate ways.

Another time in the same car, which was a Y-49, I was on a divided highway and saw another Y-49 headed the other way. It got closer and I realized it looked just like my car, and there was a guy about my age, dark hair like me, wearing a white t-shirt just like me driving. We both looked like we were gonna fall out of the window rubbernecking trying to get a look at each other's cars, knowing that seeing another Barbados Yellow Si in the middle of Indiana didn't happen every day. Awesome CRX moment.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
What CRX's, I hardly ever see any.

I did see a mint y 49 one time right around the corner from my house but I was driving my truck so there was no since. I think he was probably a enthusiast and if I was driving my y 49, we would have probably stopped and talked.

I've never seen that car again.

·
Registered
778 Posts
there's a neon, 2000 civic, and a CRX in town that i'll wave to. usually the mustang and truck drivers stare me down, i just laugh. it's like i'm some sort of "tuner" freak that wants to rice out my car and race everybody.

i ran into a group of S2000s and a guy i a white CRX Si one day that were down from Indianapolis driving on the curvy roads where I live. cool guys. there's a miata i'll wave at too when i'm out on the twisties.

·
Registered
711 Posts
disappeared for a bit...
but i'm still around... :wink:

i wave 99% of the time!

when i see another SE like mine, i go nuts (honk, wave, turn around n follow for a sec, slow em down n tell em i love their car)...

this has only happened once in my life :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
If they are rexers, they will be looking my way already, so I wave.. but if they dont see me and look like regular dd owners of "some beat up honda" then I dont.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I wave all-the-time except to CRXs that are obviously not taken care of (e.g. rusted, dented, multi-coloured panels, etc.) I have been on the highway a couple times that different Special Editions ended next to me. There were reciprocal waves and grins.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys, what about us poor college kids that can't afford the rust-free cars! All my money goes under the skin, someday I'll get rid of the rust and dents, but I've got priorities.
Anyway, I see a few around here, I've left a couple cards on rexs around campus. Every time I've driven home since I moved back out here, I see exactly 3 CRXs on the way, kind of weird. One guy in a red first gen went nuts with the horn and lights the first time, so i started doing it too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
downest said:
Hey guys, what about us poor college kids that can't afford the rust-free cars! All my money goes under the skin, someday I'll get rid of the rust and dents, but I've got priorities.
im in the same boat, man. rust is the last thing on my list to fix. ive got a wandering idle and a fuel gulping problem to fix first, then an engine rebuild. THEN i can get the rust fixed, then paint it... yikes... ill be finished school before i can afford it all.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
I don't wave, but if we make eye contact I'll do the "toss-your-head-back-slightly-as-an-acknowledgement-that-we-have cool-cars" thing.
Unless I am an work. For some reason, people don't really seem to like it when I look at their cars when I am at work. :p
lol that one had me laughin for a while

·
Registered
778 Posts
Stavros said:
downest said:
im in the same boat, man. rust is the last thing on my list to fix. ive got a wandering idle and a fuel gulping problem to fix first, then an engine rebuild. THEN i can get the rust fixed, then paint it... yikes... ill be finished school before i can afford it all.
i spray painted a smiley face and DREN on the roof of my Si haha

·
Registered
428 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
Another time in the same car, which was a Y-49, I was on a divided highway and saw another Y-49 headed the other way. It got closer and I realized it looked just like my car, and there was a guy about my age, dark hair like me, wearing a white t-shirt just like me driving. We both looked like we were gonna fall out of the window rubbernecking trying to get a look at each other's cars, knowing that seeing another Barbados Yellow Si in the middle of Indiana didn't happen every day. Awesome CRX moment.
I could just see the Y-49 curse causing you both to suddenly loose control, fly off the highway into one another. Or mabey two in close proximity evens out the warped laws of physics.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Stavros said:
downest said:
haha... I completly agree... I need to get everything fixed inside beofre i even comtemplate getting the rest fixed. most of mine's just dents though. I got pretty mean ones though >.<

I wave at people or make some signs, but my cars too crappy ATM for any responses

1 - 20 of 22 Posts