Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I was just playing around on auto trader Canada. Just in Ontario, I found like 10 Si model CRXs that would be worth considering. Do you guys not use salt on the roads? Many of them were rust-free.
What gives? And, to ask an age old question of noobs everyhere, how hard is it to get a car into the states from Canada?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I think it has more to do with the fact that hatchbacks have always been more popular in Canada than the US. I would be cautious about cars in Ontario or Quebec, since they usually are exposed to a lot of salt in the winters.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I totally agree with Stickershop. Our cars (in Ontario) get slammed with salt and sand for 4 months of the year.(sometimes longer) and they suck in the snow so they get into all kinds of small repairable accidents. I bought my car from BC and it's only ever seen one winter. YellowVtec (Mike) stores his indoors all winter as well.

If your going to pick up a CRX in Canada, look in BC.

·
Registered
794 Posts
But you are right I live in Canada and I always see so many CRX's for sale...
In fact I just fond yet another one and this one I am going to check out in a few days and possibly buy.
It's a 1987 Honda CRX Si
It's got black ext and int.
Only has 98477 miles on it to!
The only thing wrong with it is it needs a new bracket for the rear bumper...
That's it!
I just hope it is really that clean when I go to look at it this weekend!
The best part is when I was talking to the guy on the phone he was like
"yea I have cars coming out of my ass right now and really just want to get rid of them! How much am I asking for that car on the site?"
I say:
"$1500"
He says:
"Ok well you bring me $1000+tax and I will giver to you!"
I screech like a little girl and say I will try to get there this weekend!

So yea I am really pumped to see this car and drive it around a bit!
If I get it, it will be my first car and my first CRX :D

Oh and BTW that price is in Canadian dollars...
$1000 Canadian is only $887 US!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Charles said:
CRXs get a premium in some parts of the US. Seems like a business opportunity. They sell like crack in Fort Worth. There are so few here.
Same way here in the GTA... a CRX thats in Kitchener if sold in Toronto will fetch 1500 more... easily.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
baker_jeff said:
Stock ones in good shape here start at $4000-$5000 cdn. A modified (supercharger or turbo) starts at $10,000 cdn.
Bizarre! In the PDX market you figure 10-20 cents on the dollar of investment in mods. i.e. $10000 invested, figure base price + lets say 2000 bucks. Same is true of domestic hotrods. If you want modded, its always MUCH cheaper to get one done already as long as it has been done well.

·
Registered
913 Posts
FooFighter said:
Hey Baker Jeff,
the car I posted about in the above post is in Edmonton!
I am coming up tuesday to take a look at it and possibly buy it!
Kool that you live so close to me I live in Lloyd :)
Sweet, welcome to the forums! I've recruited a couple people from our area, good to see one more on here. How'd you find us?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well I was going to buy a CRX from a guy off ebay and before I did he gave me the site to look up some stuff about the car.

But yea I am coming to Edmonton tomorrow in fact to look at that car!

I hope all goes well and I snag it :)

It will be my first CRX and my first CAR!

I first found the car looking for a beater just to drive around in the winter.

But now if all goes well I might like the car to much and buy another cheap car to wreck during the winter lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.