Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm driving home this morning from working the night shift when I start smelling a burning smell. It kind of smelled like a fireplace so I ignored it at first, but keep looking around to see where it was coming from. Then the inside of my Rex starts filling with smoke :shock:. Whoa!!!!!!!! I pulled over asap, shut off my heater, popped and the hood. Nothing burning under the hood, good. Now my fan doesn't come on any more so I'm pretty sure the motor burned up on me :mad2:. New motor is $45 not so bad, but the bad news is I have to remove the A/C evaporator to get to it which means bye bye R12! Now I've got about 3 months to save up to service it back up! Any one have any tips on changing it? I might start it today or tomorrow. Good thing is I'm off of work and don't go back till Sunday.