Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Updates Below)
Original Post:

I received my SiR front end conversion today via FedEx Freight!

Unfortunately it was damaged. The damage points to inferior packing and product quality rather than anything done by FedEx.

Seems I have yet another battle to fight with crx parts. The car gods don't want me to be happy...

Anyways pictures to come, but for sure the headlights are not usable, the mounting tabs are broken off and one has pieces inside the lens housing. I really have no clue how they managed their way in there...

Other pieces are in sorry shape visually, but I'm not sure how much paint damage is normal with these imported pieces. I sure didn't expect dents in the hood and surface rust on the fender edge!

It was fun getting all the pieces to fit into my rex, I swear if the hood was an inch longer it wouldn't have fit. Good thing my rear interior is mostly removed or I wouldn't have had a prayer. Who needs trucks? :p

Updates to come, time to look the pieces over more... :x

----------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE One

Still going through the parts, yup it's taking that long to check all the bad areas. :evil: :evil:

The headlights are pretty decent as far as the clearness of the plastic lens, but most of the mounting points are broken and one is cracked on the bottom. Fenders look terrible, one bumper light has a tab broken, bumper lip is scuffed up along the bottom, on and on.

Still have the one fender, the hood, and the bumper to look at carefully.

I'm writing down all the issues and taking pictures. When I'm done I'll post them up here so you can see the carnage.

My feeling as of now is to hold the identity of the company until I talk to them tomorrow. If they don't take care of the problems, I'll make it a point to post on this and other mainstream forums about the horrible quality (and service, possibly).

To say I'm angry is a big understatement. With all the parts related BS I've been going through lately, I'm numb outside but boiling inside. I paid out the wazoo for these parts and they arrive in near junk condition...!!!

Such is life. :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE Two:

I took a ton of pictures of the parts, in high resolution. I've reduced a small bunch of them to post up.

I just can't believe the absolute junk I received...this is not good business.

Please tell me how upset you'd be, and if this is good/bad/typical. I'm sure as hell not satisfied! :x Are the JDM importers really this crass to charge so much and give out this...

By the way, I asked about damage to the parts before I bought this stuff, I wanted to know so I didn't claim minor things (oh boy was I naive). It was described as good shape, with only some scratches...Plus I was given a chance to pick color, and told them I didn't care about color. The response was they'd pick out a good set since it could be any of them. Riiight. :x :evil: :x

·
Registered
529 Posts
Password JDM I'm guessing. Been screwed by them 4 too many times, and only bought from them 3 times. Everything was as u described, two of the headlights were yellow, and had clear coat flacking off of them. You should let us know who it was, so we don't make the mistake, and buy there. I gave them 3 chances, I won't make that mistake again.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
My hood had a few dents when I got it, and the fenders were absolute junk. My bumper had scratches and tape residue all over it.

My body guy was able to make the bumper and hood look perfect, and we cut the sidemarkers into the stock fenders. Fortunately all my lights were in great shape.

I think you should call up whoever you bought the conversion from and demand new headlights. Then again, it's a damn good motive to get EDM glass H4 headlights.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ragnaarok said:
Still going through the parts, yup it's taking that long to check all the bad areas. :evil: :evil:

The headlights are pretty decent as far as the clearness of the plastic lens, but most of the mounting points are broken and one is cracked on the bottom. Fenders look terrible, one bumper light has a tab broken, bumper lip is scuffed up along the bottom, on and on.

Still have the one fender, the hood, and the bumper to look at carefully.

I'm writing down all the issues and taking pictures. When I'm done I'll post them up here so you can see the carnage.

My feeling as of now is to hold the identity of the company until I talk to them tomorrow. If they don't take care of the problems, I'll make it a point to post on this and other mainstream forums about the horrible quality (and service, possibly).

To say I'm angry is a big understatement. With all the parts related BS I've been going through lately, I'm numb outside but boiling inside. I paid out the wazoo for these parts and they arrive in near junk condition...!!!

Such is life. :(
If it was the company I mentioned. Most of the parts they ever gave me were junk. Everything was dented, and one pair of headlights were broken, the other set yellowed, then when the replacements came I got decent lights, I think there was a broken bumper lens too. The replacements were fine, the replacement hood was almost worse than the first one. The fenders, were allright still dented, and the bumpers were scratched, that was only the first time I got screwed.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
That is absolutly ridiculous and really sucks..for two reasons.

1. That it is in THAT bad of shape. scratches and scuffs i can understand, but broken tabs and cracked lights, what good are those?
2. That this beaten, wrecked, broken garbage commands such a price.

I would dispute it, send it back, get my $ back and if you REALLY want an SIR front end, you may have to get it piece by piece.

Sucks, but good luck with resolving this.

USDM front ends rule!!!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Garbage is what you've got.
I would expect at least a 50% refund or send that stuff back. I got a JDM front end a while back and it arrived with scratches that all they needed was some sanding, these parts need full restoration and some are just junk
Seriously, dispute this with your CC company, don't let these fools get away with it!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Where are you guys getting the conversion from? When we bought ours (back in 2003) for my brother EF, it came in amazing shape. Mint hood (white), mind fenders (black), mint bumper (black), mint lights. WE even got a FREE JDM rear spoiler for an EF9 (white). We put them all in a black car and spray painted it black for good measure. It looked awesome until the lack of JDM rad support popped the hood open at 60kmh in 2004, every replacement since then sucked balls.

Oh yes, does anyone know how much those rear jdm spoiler go for? It's just chillen in my room, and I want the cash to help fund the purchase of the crx since the civic is going to the wrecking yard soon enough.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I called the company and got an answer (good sign I guess).

I emailed the pictures to them as they requested and I'll get a call in "about two hours"

I'll act based on what they say/do then, but I'm pretty sure I'm bypassing paypal and just complaining straight to my credit card, it's worked well in the past when I've gotten broken computer parts.

bart and jfro: Thanks for the reassurance that this stuff is garbage and even worse than some bad pieces you guys have received. By the way the parts are not from passwordjdm.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
man im so sorry you got ripped off like that , :x that is BS can you get your money back ??? like most of those dents can be fixed but all those broken tabs :shock: man all that plastic weldeing would cost a bit

good luck with whatever happens

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Back and forth on the phone this afternoon...I love wasted time! :x

I think it's about time I told you about the company, eh? :wink:
The two guys are Jose and Nick from JDM Unlimited (jdm-unlimited.com) I have dealt mostly with Jose, and requested his superior call me, which turned out to be Nick. Both their names and numbers are on the site.

They are sort of working with me on the parts. All phone calls are returned promptly and they are being quite nice, not too much argument.

They say they will give me another set of lights (heads, bumpers, corners) since they all have some damage. Apparently they have lots of lights in stock.

On the fenders, they say they can exchange them. I told them I could cut marker light holes in my US fenders, and get a refund on the fenders. No word on how much the credit would be, even though Nick said he'd "find out".

They say the original parts will be picked up by the shipper when the replacements come. I thought I'd be keeping the junk, but whatever. They also stated they would pick out the parts themselves. Oh, what a treat, maybe the second time around I won't get junk...yipee! :rolleyes1:

The hood is not replaceable, and I pressed Nick for why. Well......they don't have anymore hoods. He said he'd give me the hood off his crx if he could, but he can't...okay wiseass. He also said his hood had a big dent in the middle when he first got it and he was "kinda bummed". But I "have to understand these parts are almost 20 years old." No way?? I thought they were stamped yesterday. :evil: I've requested a credit for the hood damage. No word on the amount, again.

Bumper, lip, sidemarkers, T-bracket, and hood latch are tolerable. The bumper will need some work, though.

I paid the website price, 900 smackaroos. Shipping was extra. And I get these parts, then have to argue a bit on why the hood is not in acceptable condition. Please, sir, may I have another?? !!!!

I'm going to make a business selling my old boxers and say they're JDM. Stains included no charge!! You have to understand these undies are pretty old... :shock: :p

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
ludesrv said:
Where are you guys getting the conversion from? When we bought ours (back in 2003) for my brother EF, it came in amazing shape. Mint hood (white), mind fenders (black), mint bumper (black), mint lights. WE even got a FREE JDM rear spoiler for an EF9 (white).yard
I would have to imagine that these parts are drying up. Based on it's age, what is left has/is being crushed or whatever is left is not in that great of shape.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.