Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so now when I leave for work in the morning after letting the crx warm up. Sounds fine but as I get up to some speed when i slow down for a traffic light or stop sign the rpms drop below one the stalls. I have also noticed that when my lights are on the rpms go down as well. could this be a Main Relay?

:?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Like jmart said, It could be your alternator going bad. Not charging the battery when it should be. I don't know if a main relay would cause this probelm, I don't think so, but then again I could be wrong.
You can expect a RPM drop when you put more loads on the car, but not enough to make your car die.
Theres my 2 cents.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check your ground from the motor, I put a couple of extra gounds from the motor to different places in the engine bay, really helped the light dimming problem. The extra grounds will more than likely not fix the stalling issue.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
It could be a lot of things actually. When's the last time you changed the air and fuel filters? I had a similar problem when I had a clogged fuel filter once. I could start the car fine...but once I was going and i started to slow down, the car would bog and then stall.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
krginga said:
Check your ground from the motor, I put a couple of extra gounds from the motor to different places in the engine bay, really helped the light dimming problem. The extra grounds will more than likely not fix the stalling issue.
And replace not just the grounds. Replace that old OEM positive clamp with a beefier one. Be sure to rough up the terminal with the tool that's made to do that, spray some battery cleaner/sealer on it, and tightly install the new clamp. You may need to fatten up the terminal a bit by gently whacking it a few times on top so that the connection is really snug.

This is a low-cost solution that fixed the problems you are describing that I was experiencing. You may have other issues as well but this doesn't cost much to do and rules out a variable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.