Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this I'm looking for a turbo and a friend of mine is selling a talon factory turbo will it work on my car 91 crx si with a D15B2 :?also what all will i need to make work .do ineed boost controller or bolt and go???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my name is Clint i own a 91 rex si. It is my baby. Today i tore her apart 2 find rod bearings shot.I remembered i swaped motors so i looked and found out i put in a d15b2 to my dismay help with any onfo for performance please. i do still have si tranny its real strong!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Hi Clint,

Ya had me wondering about your engine there for a sec considering that the Si only came with the D16A6.
Personally I wouldnt boost that b2 that you have now.I say that because A6's are fairly common and you could pick up a decent one for relatively cheap.
As for your original question:I will assume that you are talking about the 2nd gen talon.
Yes the TD05H can work and is a fairly popular choice for DIY turbo nuts.
I currently run a turbo'd A6 with a TD05H on a hf manifold with an adapter plate.
Let me sum all the parts up by this:
coolant lines(while some say not an absolute need,I say the cooler the turbo the better)
charge piping
downpipe
blowoff(the talon one works well)
Intercooler(air or water)
A "GOOD" fuel pump(I run a walbro 255)
A GOOD engine management system.(I run a chipped P06 with uberdata)
turbo charge pipe couplers and t bolt clamps(I picked mine up at Napa.Use the ones that the rigs use.I used the 3"piping)
My system works well boosting at 9-10 psi.
GL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not sure what gen. talon but if it helps it is awd im getting the turbo and intercooler for $70. figured it was a deal and if it doesnt work ill sell it one more ? how do i get a pic of my rex under my name ive tried and get it small enuff to fit maybe im doing sumpin wrong

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
downest said:
Isn't the second gen Talon turbo a T-25, or is that the same thing?
The TD05H is a direct replacement for the 1st gen TD04 and the t-25 of the second gen so yeah pretty much the same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.