Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The fenders do bolt up, but the corners are different, and the section behind the wheel near the rocker is different. Composimo said something about being able to join the fenders under the trim, and they work....

·
Registered
734 Posts
A subject line that explains what the post is actually about will have a much better chance of getting answered, BTW. If it says "Will a Civic hood/fenders fit on my CRX?", someone who knows the answer will click on it and reply. "Ahhhhhh" doesn't really do that. Just FYI.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fenders do bolt up, but the corners are different, and the section behind the wheel near the rocker is different. Composimo said something about being able to join the fenders under the trim, and they work....

expand please

·
Registered
20,330 Posts
ef8crazy said:
ya but there is a bolt on the bottom for the trim and some double sided tape for the top of the trim peice
I have never seen double sided tape holding on Crx trim, it is all clips. There is a bolt behind the lower plastic trim piece, so?

Stick with Crx fenders, don't try to ghetto fab Civic fenders to fit.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
baker423 said:
Get some Crx fenders, the Civic hatch ones are NOT worth the time.
Well...... i think they look bad-ass, and are worth it for the look... HOWEVER, i agree that if you are doing it just cause you need to replace a fender, then no, it isn't worth it...but if you are doing it for the look, then it would make the car stand out a lot differently 8)

·
Registered
20,330 Posts
ComposiMo said:
baker423 said:
Get some Crx fenders, the Civic hatch ones are NOT worth the time.
Well...... i think they look bad-ass, and are worth it for the look... HOWEVER, i agree that if you are doing it just cause you need to replace a fender, then no, it isn't worth it...but if you are doing it for the look, then it would make the car stand out a lot differently 8)
Well for me, function and ease over fashion.
If you need fenders because you need replacements, for the sake of ease, just find some Crx fenders.

What do Civic hatch fenders look like on a Crx? I have never seen them on a Crx. How much of a difference can it make or how bad ass can they really look?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
they are oem style carbonfiber and i have a red car. also my fenders are really messed up(front left) and i dont plan on painting it until a couple of years and it bothers me everytime i look at it so that said.

·
Registered
20,330 Posts
ef8crazy said:
they are oem style carbonfiber and i have a red car. also my fenders are really messed up(front left) and i dont plan on painting it until a couple of years and it bothers me everytime i look at it so that said.
Ahh even better, aftermarket "OEM style :lol: " CF fenders... :rolleyes1:

Two reasons to not put Civic hatch fenders as replacements on your Crx:
1. They are civic fenders, won't fit right and take soem work to get to fit
2. They are aftermarket CF Civic fenders. Not only would you have to make the Civic fenders work to fit on the Crx, being aftermarket, they more than likely will not fit right to begin with.

Stick it out and get some OEM Crx fenders.
They will look right, fit correctly and slip on easier.
Work smarter, not harder.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.