Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have window squirters that bug the crap out of them? i know mine do are they supposed to be solid streams or are they supposed to myst out over the windshield? fixes anyone? i dunno im just tired of having to hold the lever and whipe and whipe and whipe...

·
Registered
154 Posts
zerocool1014a said:
Anyone else have window squirters that bug the crap out of them? i know mine do are they supposed to be solid streams or are they supposed to myst out over the windshield? fixes anyone? i dunno im just tired of having to hold the lever and whipe and whipe and whipe...
I don't even have any, consider yourself lucky

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
it's kinda funny you posted this, I was messin with my squirters over the weekend and thought about posting about it.

The previous owner put hte double shooter on the driver's side and the single on the passenger side on the carbon fiber hood when he installed it. He didn't put in the "y" connectort and ran the hose stright ot the driver's side, so I have no passenger side squirter. I'll switch them back to 2 on the PS and 1 on the DS, and eventually rerun the squirter hoses.

Thanks for posting the thoughts in my head, saved me remembering them.

BTW- where's my fireproof safe keys? :lol:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CRXBart said:
Get 01+ squirters. I have some from a 02 Si on my beater and they mist. The early ones were the stupid stream ones. I like the misting units allot better.
Nice :) any idea on the cost from the stealership? i mean mine are streams i have the double on my ds and single on my ps and they work but a single stream in three areas doesnt quite do it for me.

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
jfrolang said:
I actually used two driver's side nozzles so they'd both have the double outputs. There is no mist, it's a solid stream.
Thats a simple yet good idea!

I wish that they would mist and it was not a stream.

CRXBart said:
Get 01+ squirters. I have some from a 02 Si on my beater and they mist. The early ones were the stupid stream ones. I like the misting units allot better.
Good idea if someone wanted misting ones. I assume all the squirters are essentially the same from '88+, fitment wise.

·
Registered
529 Posts
zerocool1014a said:
Nice :) any idea on the cost from the stealership? i mean mine are streams i have the double on my ds and single on my ps and they work but a single stream in three areas doesnt quite do it for me.
I think I paid around 20 bux for the pair. There are 4 01+ civics at the junkyard by me. I could get them, and ship them to you for cost of shipping if you wanted. When I made the discovery that they were different back in 02 when my coworker had a 02 Si. That was not an option.

baker423 said:
I assume all the squirters are essentially the same from '88+.
If that is your assumption I am here to tell you it is wrong. In 01 the new chassis came with a squirter that makes a fan like mist. As opposed to the 2 streams. It works allot better. Instead of having 2 holes, it appears to just have a horizontal line cut in it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
CRXBart said:
zerocool1014a said:
I think I paid around 20 bux for the pair. There are 4 01+ civics at the junkyard by me. I could get them, and ship them to you for cost of shipping if you wanted. When I made the discovery that they were different back in 02 when my coworker had a 02 Si. That was not an option.

baker423 said:
If that is your assumption I am here to tell you it is wrong. In 01 the new chassis came with a squirter that makes a fan like mist. As opposed to the 2 streams. It works allot better. Instead of having 2 holes, it appears to just have a horizontal line cut in it.
I would be game for that! Let me know what you need to zip 82718.
Thanks
BP

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
CRXBart said:
baker423 said:
Ohh no, that is not what i meant. I understand that the '01 and up have misting squirters and i like the idea.
I was just talking about fitment.
They are essentially the same design as the old style "steraming" ones, correct?

·
Registered
529 Posts
baker423 said:
CRXBart said:
baker423 said:
Ohh no, that is not what i meant. I understand that the '01 and up have misting squirters and i like the idea.
I was just talking about fitment.
They are essentially the same design as the old style "steraming" ones, correct?
Yes they are essentially the same size. They pop right in with no modification.

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
Ragnaarok said:
my '99 accord had a misting washer pattern. dunno if they would fit like civic nozzles.
Yea, i think they are or at least there is a good chance that they are the same.

Need some misting squirters and this....

jfrolang said:

It adds downforce to the wipers to prevent them from chattering or skipping over the windshield at highway speed.
I hate it when my wipers skip and don't completly wipe the windshield.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.