Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
The OEM ones are still available for about $110 to $130 on eBay. They ship from Japan so it takes some time, they are the best you can get.

Aftermarket ones from a typical local windsheild place will be universal ones and they will not have the right corner shape.

Precision Replacement Parts www.prp.com sells one that is a replica of OEM with the corner molds. You can get this on JEGS or similar places for around $30, the PN is WFS 591, type PN into google and you'll find dozens of vendors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The OEM ones are still available for about $110 to $130 on eBay. They ship from Japan so it takes some time, they are the best you can get.

Aftermarket ones from a typical local windsheild place will be universal ones and they will not have the right corner shape.

Precision Replacement Parts www.prp.com sells one that is a replica of OEM with the corner molds. You can get this on JEGS or similar places for around $30, the PN is WFS 591, type PN into google and you'll find dozens of vendors.
Thanks so much bambbrose., looks like there are many moldings for the crx if you can find them......I will be replacing those as well

·
Registered
207 Posts
Can you direct me to a link for how to install the windshield molding myself?
My windshield replacement shop put in the cheapest gasket imaginable! I took it back there and they scoffed at me!
The lip on the vertical sides of it doesnt even cover the A pillars!

·
Registered
207 Posts
yeah… that shows the windshield install with a molding pre attached to the glass. I wonder if I order an OEM Honda windshield gasket how it would go in on a windshield already installed.

Maybe pull out the crappy one, grind out any adhesive or material might be in the channel (?) - lay in some kind of adhesive and press it in? Possible, right?
what kind of adhesive would I use?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Maybe pull out the crappy one, grind out any adhesive or material might be in the channel (?) - lay in some kind of adhesive and press it in? Possible, right?
what kind of adhesive would I use?
The with-windshield-replacement molding has the metal reinforcements in it like the original. Getting that molding out without damaging the glass or the frame will be tricky - the rubber hardens, making the instructions in the FSM nigh impossible.
Windo-Weld is good for auto glass, but buying a whole tube to tack in the molding is an expensive solution. Maybe weatherstrip adhesive (3M 08008)?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts