No.716.67%
Just a minor dent / scrape / key mark, etc1023.81%
Several.614.29%

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, seems I'm not invincible anymore..... :cry:

This evening after coming home from work (and hitting up white castle on the way) I was stopped in the outer left turn lane on US41, just north of US30, and POW! I got rear-ended by an '04 honda accord. It was sleeting all day and turned to snow / ice after dark.

I guess it's just honda love, the accord was trying to get intimate with my sexy crx.

Pictures to come, but from what I can see just the bumper cover & support are busted. I had the rear interior out to fix a water leak, so I was able to see the body from inside the hatch area and it seems fine at the bumper support bolt location. But it was dark out and all I had was a flashlight. Time will tell...

Such is the life of a tiny CRX in a world full of idiots... :evil: :evil:

----------
UPDATE - pictures! Not much to see (thankfully!) the accord went mostly under my crx instead of into it, and I barely had the brakes on, so my car got bumped forward more than bashed into.

Thank goodness it wasn't a truck / van or it would be a different story.

·
Registered
820 Posts
i feel your pain... try having a saturn stop in front of you at a light beucase it JUST turned yellow even tho her front wheels were inside the intersection >_< if i would have had the extra 2-3 feet i was counting on i wouldnt have had to break hard locking it up and 3-5mph into the back of her car.. *sigh*

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
Ragnaarok said:
Pictures to come, but from what I can see just the bumper cover & support are busted. I had the rear interior out to fix a water leak, so I was able to see the body from inside the hatch area and it seems fine at the bumper support bolt location. But it was dark out and all I had was a flashlight. Time will tell...
If that is all that is damaged, you lucked out.

How fast did the Accord hit you?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
signalpuke said:
Damn, at least everyone is alright. I totaled out a 240 on the freeway with my HF...I lost traction...I have mad respect for drifting now, leave it at that.
FWD Doorift?!

Mine's been keyed/scratched in NYC (my door says "Cool Boy" so there is no confusion). One of the punk kids on my street also backed into one of my headlights and destroyed it a couple of months ago. Fortunately, I've never been in a moving accident (hit in a parking lot last year). I've had a lot of close calls though.

I think riding a motorcycle for a while makes you a hell of a lot more aware of other cars on the road, even in situations like yours, Ragnaarok. When you're riding about worried about every minor bump putting you in the hospital you're a lot more careful and ready to compensate for the 99% of drivers out there who aren't paying attention (eating, cell phone, yelling at the kids, being soccer moms and rice boys). The very first day I took my bike to work in NY, I was almost merged into, and I was looking down at the guy through his driver window! I rode away safe and shaky, his door had a dent in it (steel toe boot FTW).

Good luck with the insurance/repair man. It sucks now but I'm sure you'll make out well with insurance money, and you can probably get your parts from a buddy here for cheaper than they quote you (I did).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sucks to hear about your rex. Mine got wrecked the same day I got it. I spent 8 hours driving to Kansas City and back home. Went to walmart, backed out of a parking spot, and a old camaro flied out of his spot on the opposite side, and hit my passanger door, and rear quarter. He didnt have insurance and I only had liability, so I had to pay 1200 bucks to get the door reskinned, and to have the quarter pulled.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
baker423 said:
How fast did the Accord hit you?
Well traffic was going at least 30 into the turn lane, but it is a looooong turn lane (with plenty of room to stop...guess not) but I don't know when his car stopped braking and started sliding. He didn't know and I didn't push the issue, since it was obvious the accident was his fault.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
hmm the pics dont look too bad. you are a lucky rexer my friend.....well semi luckey cuz not getting hit at all would be best haha......but all and all just be happy it wasnt a bigger vehicle or moving faster

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jfrolang said:
You call that an accident? I saw the first pic and I'm thinking "is this a before pic?" The title 'rear-ended' makes this sound much more dramatic. I'd have called it a bump. I don't even think the rear bumper beam is damaged.
sorry to disappoint? I guess I'll go back up into a brick wall... :rolleyes1:

If we get user titles on the forum, I guess I've got "drama queen" locked up. :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
some things to check out.... make sure the doors still line up right, it could have crinkled the quarters just enough to throw it off.. check how the hatch lines up, also.. was your car in gear? if so a sudden jolt and your foot slipping off the clutch will get you a new tranny.. the impact could have messed it up, my boss is a insurance appraiser and im learnin all the crap you can get for this kinda stuff.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ITruns20s -

Thanks for the helpful information!

I had checked the door and panel gaps plus the door / hatch open-close operation and they appear to be just as they were beforehand. Also I was in neutral at the time of the hit; I always pop it out of gear when I am stopped. The car remained running the whole time during and after the hit.

I have driven the car several times since and most everything seems normal, I'll see if the shops I take it to estimate find anything else. This is the first "fender bender" I've been in, so the repair process is new to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.